Tour de France UK coverage (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Hi
Did anyone in the UK record the ITV4 coverage of stage 1 London - Canterbury? MP let me down badly and failed to record it properly.

Will hapily pay a fiver for a DVD with a DVR-MS or MPEG file on it.

I have my fingers crossed!

Cheers
Mark

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've got the highlights rather than the whole thing. You're welcome to a copy if you like.

PM me your details if you're interested. Just a couple of quid to cover postage will do.

Were you there? I was lucky enough to get a job doing the hay bales at the side of the road for prologue. :D Hard work but the badge did mean we got the best view on constitution hill without being squashed by everyone. We were on the traffic island in the middle. Stuart O'Grady came off right in front of me! Incredible more didn't come off there. It was a very fast, narrow bend with a bulge in the tarmac bang on the racing line.

Awesome to watch. :)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Excellent... I'll PM my details over in a moment.

I saw the O'Grady crash... it looked nasty. Lycra doesn't seem to offer much protection when you hit the tarmac at 25mph :-o He was on for a top 3 time too.

I watched the race from the side of the A26 just outside the centre of Maidstone. The route passed within 5 minutes of my front door and although I'm not normally a fan of cycling it was a great spectacle and a great day out. Lovely weather :)

The caravan was an interesting thing to see. I can tell you that a packet of Haribo packs a punch when thrown from truck that's hammering along at 40!

There was some excellent humour in the crowd.... we were watching just next to a traffic island. Just before the cyclists come through an French motorcycle policeman pulled up and began to wave a flag to alert the cyclists. Dressed in tight blue jodpers, black knee-high boots and a white open faced helmet he looked much like a member of the Villiage People. The crown picked up on this and began to sing "Y-M-C-A"! Excellent :)

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
PM received. I'll sort that out for you tonight and get it in the post tomorrow.

I'm a big fan of the whole thing and you're right, it is a spectacle. Glad you got out to see it. One of the biggest sporting events in the world, and you don't have to buy a ticket to see it.

Ref the Gendarme with the flag. It's the same crew they use for the whole 3 weeks. One of them is a rather nice looking female. Shame she wasn't the one waving the flag for you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom