[confirm] Track Details Sometimes not Shown in MyMusic (1 Viewer)

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2
    MediaPortal Skin: BlackWide (based on DefaultWide)
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel P4 3 GHz/3GHz
    HDD: Hitachi 250GB, WD 2TB
    Memory: 1.25GB DDR
    Motherboard: Dell
    Video Card: ATI Radeon X1300/X1550
    Video Card Driver: 8.593.100.0
    Sound Card: SigmaTel HD
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.4823
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 5150
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Pioneer PRO-1150HD
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi,

Here's a strange issue I'm having with MyMusic in MP1.2 Beta. With some albums (and always the same albums), when I view a list of tracks that has multiple pages of tracks, the first page of tracks (name, length, etc.) is displayed, but when I page down, further tracks in the album are not displayed. But, if I use the arrow keys to move up or down and highlight where a track is normally shown, the track details are shown in the Info: section on the left side of the screen.

Further details:
    -It only occurs with some albums, not all albums.
    -It can occur with either FLAC or WMA tracks.
    -It is always the same albums.
    -I normally use shares view, but it also occurs with other views such as Album Artist.
    -I have a second MP1.2 setup which uses a mirrored copy of the same music which doesn't have this behaviour.
    -If I add the tracks to a playlist, the track details are shown there.
    -I backed up, deleted, and rebuilt the music database, and the same behaviour was still there.

Doug

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here's a strange issue I'm having with MyMusic in MP1.2 Beta. With some albums (and always the same albums), when I view a list of tracks that has multiple pages of tracks, the first page of tracks (name, length, etc.) is displayed, but when I page down, further tracks in the album are not displayed. But, if I use the arrow keys to move up or down and highlight where a track is normally shown, the track details are shown in the Info: section on the left side of the screen.
    Could you please post some screenshots (f11)

Is this with any particular layout (coverflow , filmstrip etc) ? does the machine that works have a better video card?

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    My other machine has an nvidia ENGT430 so, yes, the video card in my other system is better.

The problem occurs in List layout. I tried other Layouts, but they don't exhibit the same behaviour.

I've attached 4 screenshots (screen captures via tightvnc as I'm not by the system at the moment and F11 didn't seem to work over vnc)

1.jpg - When I first enter an impacted album. Everything looks okay.
    2.jpg - After I press page down once. The list is empty, but you can see track information in the Info section on the left.

I noticed that when I scroll down from the 10th item in the list to the 11th item and the list scrolls up, all the existing track information disappears. Picture 3 (just before I press the down arrow) and picture 4 (just after the down arrow is pressed) shows this.

FYI, the skin is just a black version of DefaultWide. The same behaviour exists for me in DefaultWide too. (5.jpg is the same as 2.jpg except with the DefaultWide)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      170.3 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      68 KB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      168.1 KB
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      68.5 KB
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      107.3 KB

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's more information on this issue...
    -Every minute or so, the blank list will suddenly be filled with all the track details, it will be displayed for 1/4 second, and then disappear again. The timing of the "flash" of details is directly related to the length of the track title scrolling across the Info: section of the screen.
    -Also, I noticed the page numbers (e.g., 2/3) disappears too.

Maybe the thread title should be renamed to "Really long track titles screw up list view"

Here are the steps to reproduce:
    -Create a copy of an album with 13 or more tracks in it.
    -Fire up your favourite MP3 editor
    -Rename the track titles (sure, all of them) to something really, really long like "this is a long title t12345678901234567890123456789 01234567890123456789 01234567890123456789 01234567890123456789 0123456789"
    -Go into MyMusic and view your album in List layout.
    -Press page down
    (track information should now be missing)

I'm not sure if it's just the track title length that causes the issue, but I found it easy to reproduce that way.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    -Press page down
    Is this only triggered by pressing page down? If you press down and scroll does this all still work correctly?

I'm not sure if it's just the track title length that causes the issue, but I found it easy to reproduce that way.
    Just to confirm you are talking about a very long title in tag rather than a very long file name?

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    Yes, the down arrow triggers it too.

I'm perplexed as to why this happens with one MP machine but not the other. The working machine has better specs all round (a bit faster CPU, more RAM, Win7), but that shouldn't make a difference, should it?

And, yes, I'm referring to a title in the tag.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I'm perplexed as to why this happens with one MP machine but not the other. The working machine has better specs all round (a bit faster CPU, more RAM, Win7), but that shouldn't make a difference, should it?

Will make a difference yes. I am not that good a skin engine stuff but I believe that all text is rendered as textures. If your graphics card has limited resources then you might end up with things not being rendered. (normally this is the other way around though with the thumbs not being shown).

Will look at this over the weekend

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'll swap video cards on the weekend and see if that resolves the issue.

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    It appears it is video card or driver related. I swapped out the ATI for an old nVidia 8400GS (PCI) and the problem went away. I guess it will do for now.

Doug

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    This is known issue. I've seen this exact problem reported around forums few times. I think it might be related to ATI flickering bug.

But maybe not, noticed in screenshot that all items (songs) in list are too long to fit your screen. Can you try shortening them somehow and see if problem persists? Or use another album where song names are not so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom