Trailer Support? (1 Viewer)

TalkingBull

Portal Member
June 22, 2009
I have been downloading a lot of trailers for my movie collection using Ember Media Manager and I was looking around for a way to play them using Media Portal. I was wondering if there was a way to do this within Moving Pictures? EMM is naming the files <MOVIE NAME>-trailer.flv and it is dumping them with the fanart and backdrops into each movie's folder... if I could get an option to play them for each supported movie in Moving Pictures, that would be really cool.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Trailer Support?

You can view them with MyVideos in shared view if you specify the folder with all your trailers in MPConfig -> Videos -> Video Folders ;)

TalkingBull

Portal Member
    June 22, 2009
    That is something I could do but I would much rather have an option to watch a trailer or play the film once the movie is selected... keep it all together, you know? Right now, all the trailers are in each individual movie folder and I would have to move them to a single folder (Which I can do) but I would really prefer to have it all in the Moving Pictures plugin.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Trailer Support?

... what you want is not possible without code changes in the plugin.

(I also use EmberMM and added trailersupport in MyFilms - so I have an extra button when showing a movie "play trailer" plus a global filter to show me only movies of the library that have a trailer present - plus some sort of "movie scrobbler" that let me choose a categotry and plays a random trailer with the option to start the movie afterwards.)

Trailersupport is planned for movingpictures, so just wait until it is supported - and use myvideos as catavolt outlined for the time waiting ....

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Why is "Trailer support" Pulled back to v. 1.3.0 upgrade? It will take a year before this is implemented :/ Trailer support is the function which is rated the most on project page...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Why is "Trailer support" Pulled back to v. 1.3.0 upgrade? It will take a year before this is implemented :/ Trailer support is the function which is rated the most on project page...

Pulled back? It was originally scheduled for 2.0 and we pulled it forward to 1.3. It is a non trivial feature though and is also dependent on changes to the way we handle movie related media.

So when it comes down to it, this will be a cool feature and we will make it happen, but it is a lot of work and requires a few other items to be completed before we can implement this properly.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have been downloading a lot of trailers for my movie collection using Ember Media Manager and I was looking around for a way to play them using Media Portal. I was wondering if there was a way to do this within Moving Pictures? EMM is naming the files <MOVIE NAME>-trailer.flv and it is dumping them with the fanart and backdrops into each movie's folder... if I could get an option to play them for each supported movie in Moving Pictures, that would be really cool.

even though there is no trailer support, you can try adding a custom filter to every category.
    each category should have an exclude if filename contains "-trailer.flv" , then also add another category called trailers that excludes if filename does not contain "-trailer.flv"

or just wait patiently until moving pics adds trailer support ;-)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

even though there is no trailer support, you can try adding a custom filter to every category.
    each category should have an exclude if filename contains "-trailer.flv" , then also add another category called trailers that excludes if filename does not contain "-trailer.flv"

or just wait patiently until moving pics adds trailer support ;-)

I don't excactly get this.. Where can you view the trailers then?

Ya i could wait, but i think est. waiting time for maybe a ½-1 year is a little long time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom