Trailers Plugin v1.2.2 (Play/Stream/DL for MovingPictures, My Films, My Videos..) [2015-04-11] | Page 4

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by ltfearme, November 4, 2013.

1. catavolt
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

catavolt Design Group Manager

Technical Documentation, Translation
    Ratings:
    +7,396 / 38
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Yup, that´s it - THX ;)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    • Like Like x 2
  4. nicsergio
    • Premium Supporter

nicsergio MP Donator

Ratings:
    +113 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    @ltfearme

first of all congratulations for the good job done with this plugin (y)

I have recently implemented support for this plugin in ShortCut'er, it might be useful to map directly onto a remote button the call of the trailers plugin, even on displaying the list of movies, without going into the detail window.

This works perfectly in Moving Pictures:
    2013-11-26_180609.jpg

I noticed in your sources that, for MyVideos plugin, is managed only the recall by DialogVideoInfo.xml (windowID=2003), it would be possible to manage the call directly from myvideo.xml (ID=6)?

thanks

(sorry for bad english :()

Last edited: November 26, 2013
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Hi @nicsergio,

I will look at adding support for the main Video window as well in the next version (I will investigate at the very least) ;)

Thanks for adding support in your plugin, im sure that will be useful for people!

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scrounger
    • Premium Supporter

Scrounger Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +514 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    @ltfearme:

If i understood the Skin Designer Guide correctly, your plugin read out directly the selectedItem values?
    Or is there also a way to define a hyperlinkparameter, for example just sending the imdb_id / tmdb_id / tvdb_id as loadparameter?
    This would be great to use your plugin with any plugin:)

7. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Hi @Scrounger,

Currently the plugin doesn't support skin loading parameters i.e. it will detect the current window that the user is in and get details from the selected media. There is obviously a downside to that, that being the trailers plugin needs to to know about any 3rd party plugin to support trailers from (A plugin handler needs to be written).

The advantage of doing it this way is that the trailers plugin can take the hard work away from the skin to figure out what details it needs like 'local filename', 'TMDb' , 'IMDb', 'Title', 'Year', 'Overview', 'Poster' (some of these are obviously not required for search but are for OSD of trailer playing).

If you would like a plugin supported I can easily add it, it doesn't take much work to do. I can get all information I need either of two ways:
    1. via Skin Properties
    2. via Plugin API

In a way skin properties are safest as there less likely to change and hence not break metadata retrieval down the track if the respective plugin decides to change the API, but either way is good. Sometimes I need to use a plugin's API because there is not enough information via skin properties.

Some 3rd party plugins can even call the Trailers plugin themselves e.g. you can create a context menu item in your plugin or a skin button and hook that up to the trailers plugin e.g.

Add the Trailers.dll reference and then add the following namespaces in your project:
    Code (Text):
    2. using Trailers.Providers;
    3. using Trailers;
    Before you can invoke the Trailer search you need to create a MediaItem object e.g:
    Code (Text):
    2. MediaItem trailerItem = new MediaItem
    3. {
    4.   IMDb = movie.IMDBID,
    5.   Plot = movie.Overview,
    6.   Poster = movie.Images.Poster,
    7.   Title = movie.Title,
    8.   TMDb = movie.TMDBID,
    9.   Year = movie.Year
    10. };
    Then simply call the Search method, it will display a menu once complete:
    Code (Text):
    2. Trailers.Trailers.SearchForTrailers(trailerItem);
    Note: Right now there is no support for TVShows or Episodes but that will come soon I imagine. Also there is no online search for Title+Year only, currently it needs an IMDb or TMDb ID.

I will improve the online search to accept Title+Year next for plugins that don't support IMDb/TMDb IDs e.g. Netflix.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    I will be releasing a new build shortly which will support trailers from My Videos Shares (ID: 6) and My Videos Database Views (ID: 25).

If you are in Shares view AND don't have any data about the respective video in the database then it will only be able to do a local search for trailers based on the filename otherwise it will do the full local and online lookup.

• Like Like x 3
  9. nicsergio
    • Premium Supporter

nicsergio MP Donator

Ratings:
    +113 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    nice work, will try it ASAP (y)

10. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    New release available, see first post for download link:

v1.0.4 [2013-11-29]
    • Added 'Title + Year' search from the themoviedb.org trailer provider. This will be useful for plugins that don't support IMDb or TMDb ID's or for people that don't have this information in their database.
    • Added support for Trailers from My Videos Shares and Database view, window ID: 6 and ID: 25 respectively.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    New release available, see first post for download link:

v1.0.5 [2013-12-07]
    • Added support for trailers in the ShowTimes plugin, skinners can add a trailer button to either the details view, main movie list or both. Skinners can conditionally hide the existing trailers button and show the new one.
    • Added support to have more than one trailer button in a plugin window e.g. MovingPictures and Showtimes have different views but only one window, skinners can use either button id '11899' or '11900' to invoke trailers. This is required for skins that locate buttons differently based on the view and need proper navigation.
    • For new installs, the plugin will read in the trailer directory from ShowTimes and insert it into the list of dedicated trailer directories. This can be useful for people that auto download trailers from ShowTimes. If you're an existing user and think this will be useful then you can manually add your showtimes trailer directory in the Trailers configuration.
    • Added GUI Settings via MPEI Extensions plugin. Not all settings are exposed in GUI so users may still need to visit the configuration e.g. add a new dedicated directory or change search patterns.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.
    Note: if you want to add a button in your skin that directly links to the GUI Settings, see the Skin Designers Guide for an example.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!