Trailers? Setup/Config? Missing? (1 Viewer)

DevourU

Portal Member
December 21, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Trailers is not working. Am I missing something?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you upgraded from an earlier version of StreamedMP to v1.6 its possible you had a BasicHome menu item pointing to MyTrailers. This plugin is not supported in MediaPortal 1.2 Beta and is no longer being maintained so we dont include that plugin anymore.

As a replacement we now map our Trailers menu item to OnlineVideos->iTunes site. So if you are a clean install all you need to ensure is that you have OnlineVideos installed, if you upgraded you will most likely also need to open the BasicHome editor and delete your existing trailers item (which pointed to mytrailers) and add it again which includes the new information.

If you are refering to the 'Trailers' button in MovingPictures/MyVideos then you need OnlineVideos and the IMDB site enabled.

DevourU

Portal Member
    December 21, 2006
    Home Country
    If you upgraded from an earlier version of StreamedMP to v1.6 its possible you had a BasicHome menu item pointing to MyTrailers. This plugin is not supported in MediaPortal 1.2 Beta and is no longer being maintained so we dont include that plugin anymore.

As a replacement we now map our Trailers menu item to OnlineVideos->iTunes site. So if you are a clean install all you need to ensure is that you have OnlineVideos installed, if you upgraded you will most likely also need to open the BasicHome editor and delete your existing trailers item (which pointed to mytrailers) and add it again which includes the new information.

If you are refering to the 'Trailers' button in MovingPictures/MyVideos then you need OnlineVideos and the IMDB site enabled.

That's it. I appreciate the assist. I have 1.2.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    +1 That's FANTASTIC! Thanks for the instruction, now I've got TRAILERS working again after I loaded the OnLineVideos as you said. I also found I couldn't play the .flv formatted videos and neither could the TEST button on the last tab of the OnlineVideos configuration (MediaPortal/Configuration/Plug-ins). I knew I had the Adobe FlashPlayer loaded and found they'd play inside MPC-HC as well... After searching a bit I found I needed a FLV-Splitter and found this one at Free-Codecs. After running the .exe it installed into it's own folder on C:\Program Files, registered and now MediaPortal can play .flv files just fine! One thing I did notice is the progress timeline remains at 0:00 - 0;00 while streaming a .flv although reports/tracks accurately if I download the .flv file or choose an .mp4 formatted version instead.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Trailers? Setup/Config? Missing?

When installing OnlineVideos you have the option to install a FLV Splitter. That one is much better than the one you found. (You can also use LAV Splitter)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Thanks and you are correct about the option for the FLV splitter... I went and reinstalled the OnlineVideos which it showed the installation checklist - this time I checked the FLV Splitter and now the timeline even works during streaming of .flv files!

Users who are viewing this thread