Trakt syncs "After Earth" movie on every sync (1 Viewer)

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @ltfearme I need help :)
    Trakt sync on every sync the movie "After Earth".
    Trakt is automatically syncing every 24 hours. Now I have since long time logged into the Trakt.tv site and I see since weeks I watch every day "After Earth" :)

I have now tried to sync manually with the Trakt "Sync Configuration" and the movie is again synced.

Can you help me what causes this problem?

I have today updated to the newest release and the problem still exists ...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can help with logs, preferrably debug logs but probably can work with what you got.

The trakt server is probably matching a movie by title+year to the closest match it can find, typically this could occur if you do not have an ID (IMDb, TMDb) for your movie in your database or you do but trakt.tv does not have a reference to that movie, or you have the wrong ID in your local database. Ideally trakt does not match anything unless it matches exactly what I send but they dont, they try the best match if no IDs match. So it's important to make sure the IDs are correct locally and that it matches online as well.

If trakt matches to some other movie during sync then there is no way for me know that on next sync when I try again because the plugin thinks the movie you have locally is still not online as it matches nothing in your online collection. When the plugin checks what you have online vs local, it checks the IMDb or TMDb or Title+Year in that order, if none match then it syncs to trakt.

Anyway, give me a log can I can tell you exactly why.

If you want to remove that movie from your collection/watchedhistory online then just go the movie page on trakt and click the relevant button to remove.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For the next version, I plan on making some improvements to the sync process to work around some server deficiencies.

1. Add a setting such that we ignore sending movies on sync unless the local database has a IMDb ID or TMDb ID. This will be enabled by default.
    2. When the movie does have an ID, only send the IDs during sync and not the Title and Year as well. This will prevent the trakt server from matching against the Title if the ID fails to match.

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I can help with logs, preferrably debug logs but probably can work with what you got.

The trakt server is probably matching a movie by title+year to the closest match it can find, typically this could occur if you do not have an ID (IMDb, TMDb) for your movie in your database or you do but trakt.tv does not have a reference to that movie, or you have the wrong ID in your local database. Ideally trakt does not match anything unless it matches exactly what I send but they dont, they try the best match if no IDs match. So it's important to make sure the IDs are correct locally and that it matches online as well.

If trakt matches to some other movie during sync then there is no way for me know that on next sync when I try again because the plugin thinks the movie you have locally is still not online as it matches nothing in your online collection. When the plugin checks what you have online vs local, it checks the IMDb or TMDb or Title+Year in that order, if none match then it syncs to trakt.

Anyway, give me a log can I can tell you exactly why.

If you want to remove that movie from your collection/watchedhistory online then just go the movie page on trakt and click the relevant button to remove.

Thanks for your hint.
    It seems the problem was that the movie had as ID only "tt".
    I have now changed the right ID and have synced two times. Seems it is not synced anymore :)
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom