Transponderlist DVB-C The Netherlands, Ziggo, Cogas, 9004 (1 Viewer)

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
November 7, 2010
Twente, Overijssel
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have created a transponderlist for DVB-C in The Netherlands. It is for the cable provider Ziggo on the Cogas cable network in Oldenzaal (Ziggo ID 9004). Please find the XML file attached to this post.

Attachments

• The Netherlands.Ziggo Cogas Oldenzaal (9004).xml
    4.3 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am currently doing some research on why people use a transponder list instead of scanning the info from the network like a nornal STB does.

So:
Why do you use a transponder list instead of the MP feature "Search for transponderlist"?

At least for my Ziggo network (5555) it does work very well.

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
November 7, 2010
Twente, Overijssel
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Good question Rik. Probably because it's the way I'm used to work with. I assume it's also much quicker compared to scanning the whole frequency spectrum. And I know exactly what channels to expect in what defined transponders. Not really powerful reasons, but the only ones I can think of.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Quicker: Not much. Because we fetch the info of the network we do not scan all frequencies, only the ones the provider has registered for us.

So the mystery continues :) At least for dutch Ziggo users i see no reason to use a transponderlist.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Transponderlist DVB-C The Netherlands, Ziggo, Cogas, 9004

not all provider holds thier N.I.T. uptodate
    the result will be that not all channels found by scan

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Transponderlist DVB-C The Netherlands, Ziggo, Cogas, 9004

not all provider holds thier N.I.T. uptodate
    the result will be that not all channels found by scan

Well at least ziggo does (my provider too).

But if they don't they arent complying with the DVB specs. How should a normal STB even be able to function then?

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Transponderlist DVB-C The Netherlands, Ziggo, Cogas, 9004

i know that problem from dvbs there is the problem with not uptodate Network Information Tabels

Koen Zomers

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2010
    Twente, Overijssel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll give it a try next time I scan for channels ;) For now I moved away from Media Portal on my main media center machine in the living room since it kept giving me too much trouble. Freezes, crashes or a slow response experience. I'm currently in the evaluation period of DVBLink TVSource so I can use Windows Media Center 7 to watch digital TV and still use Acamd/NewCS. Works great so far. I still have one instance of MediaPortal running on my server. I use it in combination with ForTheRecord to record TV and watch it back later using VLC Player. I'm hoping the soon to be released MediaPortal 2 will improve stability and that the Acamd/NewCS solution will still work on it, although I have my doubts since the team never supported it.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP2 has nothing to do with the technologies you mention. That is because MP2 is not the same as the TV engine.

And yes those technologies have always been unstable (and also a forbidden topic). But my fortune teller told me that it might just get a lot more stable in one of the next versions of TVE ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom