tried plugin, nothing happens? (1 Viewer)

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
When I enter My Emulators, all I get is a black screen and on the right hand side is a dark box with the word "year" inside, that's all. My only option then is to escape out of the screen and back to the MediaPortal menu. Does this sound like something others have experienced? In my configuration I tried specifying my MAME and snes9x emulators, with the same results.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Try pushing the arrow keys and see if any square boxes suddenly get highlighted. If you don't have an image associated with the game type (like MAME for example, which doesn't come with an image), then there's nothing on the screen - but it's still there, you just have to move to it and it will highlight.

Find an image you want to use for Mame and stick it (on Vista) here: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators and name it "Mame.jpg" (or Mame.png etc.). If you've added Mame with a different name (like "Mamep", or "Mame32ui" etc. then name it the same). Google "Mame" and switch to Images view and you should quickly find something useful.

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    Thanks. I think basically the problem is that My Emulators is not working well with my skin, StreamMP, at the moment, as the emulator thumbnails are not visible. I have to switch back to the basic blue3wide skin for it to be usable. I think the problem might be related to the fact that the StreamMP uses dark backgrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom