Trojan:Win32/Peals.F!cl found in SetupTv.exe on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

johnrosshunt

Portal Member
October 25, 2016
Chicago, IL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The latest Windows Defender definition update (1.259.1155.0) flagged SetupTv.exe as a trojan. Anybody else having problems with (I hope) false positives?

Attachments

• MalWare.PNG
    MalWare.PNG
    68.1 KB
  • AntiVirus.PNG
    AntiVirus.PNG
    66.1 KB

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just tested with latest Defender (1.259.1155.0) and 1.19 Pre. Nothing is detected, all clean.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My AV (360 Total Security, freeeware) always picks up one to three threats durring the TV install phase when updating/reinstalling MP1. Hoping they are false positives.:LOL:

johnrosshunt

Portal Member
    October 25, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Forgot to mention I'm running MediaPortal 1.16.0.0. The virus was flagged right after updating to Windows 10 Home 1709 (16299.192) and rebooting. I submitted the executable to Jotti's and it came back clean. So, I guess SetupTv.exe is another candidate for Windows Defender exclusion list. :(

Attachments

• Jottis.PNG
      Jottis.PNG
      248.1 KB

johnrosshunt

Portal Member
    October 25, 2016
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    My Windows Defender definitions were just updated to 1.259.1184.0 and SetupTv.exe is no longer being flagged as a trojan. If your definitions are at 1.259.1155.0 you should probably update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and the settings you changed to get your Mediaportal PCs working on both Windows 10 and 11! It's always helpful to hear about these kinds of solutions, especially when there isn't much discussion around the issue. I'm not the most tech-savvy person, but I'll definitely keep your tips in mind if...
    Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and the settings you changed to get your Mediaportal PCs working on both Windows 10 and 11...
    I upgraded my Mediaportal PC (Server and Client) to Windows 11 to solve some driver issues as it was new hardware. Then I...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom