Trouble getting WebEPG dat (1 Viewer)

Stacy46803

August 27, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I believe I have configured the www_imdb_com_46803.xml file correctly but I cannot seem to grab data. I am no programmer but I not unfamiliar with computers. I have been dinking with this for days and my patience is nearly at its end. Here is a copy of the file. Any help would be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Grabber>
<Info language="en" availableDays="14" timezone="" version="2.0" />

<!--
You need to customize this imdb_com grabber file with your channel list and ZIPCODE.
See MediaPortal Wiki Setup Guides WebEPG for instructions.
Copy/paste the following link into a web browser or search the Wiki
-->
<!--
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/WebEPG
-->

<Channels>
<Channel id="WANE High Definition (WANE-HD)" siteId="WANE" />
<Channel id="Anetenna TV (WANE-SD)" siteId="WANEDT2" />
<Channel id="WANE Weather (WANE-WX)" siteId="WANEDT3" />
<Channel id="21Alive" siteId="WPTA" />
<Channel id="FW-CW" siteId="WPTADT2" />
<Channel id="VipirWX" siteId="WPTADT3" />
<Channel id="NBC33" siteId="WISE" />
<Channel id="MyTV" siteId="WISEDT2" />
<Channel id="PBS39HD" siteId="WFWADT" />
<Channel id="Kids39" siteId="WFWADT2" />
<Channel id="Create" siteId="WFWADT3" />
<Channel id="PBS4You" siteId="WFWADT4" />
<Channel id="WFFT-HD" siteId="WFFT" />
<Channel id="WFFT-SD" siteId="WFFTDT2" />

</Channels>

<Listing type="Html">
<Site url="http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/[ID]&amp;start_date=[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/?zip=46803" post="" external="false" encoding="" />
<Html>
<Template name="default" start="single_station_container">
<SectionTemplate tags="TB">
<TemplateText>
&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;a&gt;&lt;#START&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td&gt;
&lt;b&gt;&lt;a&gt;&lt;#TITLE&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;i&gt;
&lt;a&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;#DESCRIPTION&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;
</TemplateText>
</SectionTemplate>
</Template>

<Searches>

<Search match="(?&lt;=&lt;i&gt;(?!&lt;a))(.*?)(?=&amp;nbsp;&lt;\/i&gt;)" field="#SUBTITLE" remove="true" />
<Search match="(?&lt;=&lt;i&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;/title/tt\d{7}/&quot;&gt;)(.*?)(?=&lt;\/a&gt;)" field="#SUBTITLE" remove="true" />
<Search match="&amp;nbsp;-&amp;nbsp;" field="#JUNK" remove="true" />
<Search match=":&amp;nbsp;" field="#JUNK" remove="true" />

</Searches>

</Html>
</Listing>
</Grabber>

Attachments

• www_imdb_com_46803.xml
    2.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

I am no programmer but I not unfamiliar with computers. I have been dinking with this for days and my patience is nearly at its end.
    Please please please don't struggle alone! Ask for help. We're really friendly, I promise. :)
    There's no point in wasting days with problems that can be resolved in minutes (if you know what is wrong).

Here is a copy of the file. Any help would be appreciated.
    The file format looks okay.

I assume you've been following the guide?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/WebEPG

What step are you up to?

Can you please use the watchdog with option 3 ("export...") to grab a zip of all the relevant log files etc., then post/attach the zip file here.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Regards,
    mm

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    did a quick download/test with your grabber file, opened it with firefox web broswer, no problems (drag file.xml to firefox, chrome window)

With WebEPG did manual map of 2 channels, quick download for 2 days, and creates a good tvguide.xml file, so looks like www_imdb_com_46803.xml works,

In WebEPG > TV Mappings, if you select a channel group "All Channels" etc, then press "import" then press "auto map", you should see the channels getting mapped. In WebEPG > General, press "Grab Days = 2", "Save", then "Grab Now", it should download EPG info

Stacy46803

August 27, 2015
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay in response, I have been out of town. I think I correctly uploaded the Watchdog zip file requested mm1352000. I also followed the advice given by RonD but it unfortunately grabbed nothing. I have gone through the guides several times but I am evidently doing something wrong. Knowing me, it will be something obvious that I will feel foolish for when someone points it out. I will consider it another lesson in humility.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    not sure where you are getting tripped up, did another test using the grabber file you uploaded earlier. For testing I made a dummy Test channel group, put 2 of my unused channels in the group and renamed them to match your names, FW-CW WFFT-HD

to setup WebEPG I did

1. select WebEPG > TV Mappings set Group = Test (you should use All Channels) pressed import see WebEPGimport.PNG

2. press AutoMap, see WebEPGautomap.PNG

3. select WebEPG > General, press Save then GrabNow, see WebEPGgrabnow.PNG while WebEPG was running, saw status info showing EPG download info, at end saw number channels = 2, programs = 120 since I only have 2 channels setup

I used the windows snipper tool go get screen screen captures, suggest you do a reboot of your computer, start TV Server Config, try these steps, make screen captures of what you see in each step, and then make a new zipfile with all the Tv Server files in the log folder. Upload the screen captures and log files so we can see where things get out of sync.

Attachments

• WebEPGimport.PNG
      WebEPGimport.PNG
      32.2 KB
    • WebEPGautomap.PNG
      WebEPGautomap.PNG
      34.8 KB
    • WebEPGgrabnow.PNG
      WebEPGgrabnow.PNG
      34.9 KB
    Last edited:

Stacy46803

August 27, 2015
    Home Country
    I am not sure what I was doing wrong but your instructions fixed my problem. Guide data is now populated. Thank you so much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom