Trying again but still no remote (1 Viewer)

PatM

Portal Member
May 14, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I tried MP quite a while ago but could not get any hauppauge or MCE remotes to work (other than 4-5 buttons). I also couldn't find anything decent for EPG handling. In the end I bought SageTV where everything simply worked and I didn't have to do anything for EPG functionality.

Now that Google killed Sage I'm hedging my bets and looking for an HTPC app to keep on the back burner. There's supposed to be a Schedules Direct plugin coming which would solve what I to see being the first problem with the death of Sage - no deal with the EPG folks. However, it's still just talk...

Anyway, I found the schedules direct plugin for MP which works excellently so that just leaves the remotes. MP still doesn't work worth a darn with any of my hauppage cards/remote or MCE remotes. I've tried on three diffrent machines with the same result. Both WMC and Sage work perfectly with all the remotes on all three machines so what's so I know there's nothing wrong with the machines or software outside of MP.

Any ideas?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First I would like to know a couple of things.

MCE remote should have in big letters on back "RC6", then in Device manager under USB Controllers you should have ehome infrared receiver (usbcir) listed.

Hauppauge remote xx how many buttons usually 45 but could be 32.

Is there a onboard ir device enabled, if so disable, that has been found to screwup input to MP, as we natively support many devices.

Tinkerer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2015
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First I would like to know a couple of things.

MCE remote should have in big letters on back "RC6", then in Device manager under USB Controllers you should have ehome infrared receiver (usbcir) listed.
    Hauppauge remote xx how many buttons usually 45 but could be 32.
    I have a 45 button Hauppauge remote with RC6 on the back. I see a "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" unde Human Interface Devices but not under USB. My IR receiver is not USB as it plugs in the Hauppauge 2255 tuner card.
    Is there a onboard ir device enabled, if so disable, that has been found to screwup input to MP, as we natively support many devices.
    If I disable the onboard IR device, what is the remote going to communicate with?

My remote can only Play and Pause in MP. I've tried setting it to Default but no change, tried making it Learn but it doesn't seem interested. How do I get to operate all other buttons properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom