trying to add your own info and pics without using thetvdb with tvseries help (1 Viewer)

Meridius

Portal Member
July 25, 2009
Hi there i was woundering how i can add my own thunbnails to my videos as i have some tv show that have missing info from the online database so i got a video editor and took me own thumbnails for my videos but i can not seem to use them how do you use your own pictures and video clips if they an not be downloaded from the net.

can you build your own or do you have to reliy on the internet which i hope not as i have many series with no cover art and clips or nothing and it makes my database of shows look rubbish when you view them on streamed MP

can you let me know how yo do this thanks

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada

Wappy

Portal Member
September 14, 2008
i have to agree as above.

just create a account and then fill in the details and the series info. i've just done it for a Regular tv series well sports review program Boots n All and it works great and means anyone else wants it they can get it hassle free ;)

Remember all the series info you have already was added by another user just like you

the only thing i would says is just read the wiki re the fan art sizes i did make that mistake the first few times ;)

Wappy:D

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
While I completely agree with you in terms of normal episodes, however what do you suggest we do with things like DVD extras which, acording to the TVDB wiki, should not be added to TVDB not even as specials? How do we add them along with related info and pics?

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm hoping to resurrect this topic...recently in a database entry on thetvdb.com (Star Trek TOS) the mods removed a ton of 'Specials' that were DVD-specific and never actually aired on TV. I understand its part of their rules, but this was quite frustrating as I was trying to add the specials to my TVSeries db. Is there a friendly way to add entries to a local database in the case that thetvdb.com is not a preferred source for a specific situation like this?

psiebe

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have to second sclaw's comments, I have added many series to TVDB myself, including artwork and found out many were removed months later. Especially the older and more obscure (dutch) shows appear impacted. Another concern I have with the data is the frequent reorder of episode lists for some series (Inspector Lynley for example) which changed 4 times over the past years. I'd like to have more control on my data, an implementation such as in moving pictures would be highly appreciated.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Hi!
    Thanks for a superb plugin!:D

I have private TV-shows that I have made my self. :sorry:
    I also have some folders with THX trailers & demos and DTS trailers & demos.

I understand that TVDB don't want them ;)

But how do I put in some cool pics and so on, without TVDB? Is it in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3? If so, what is the best way to edit it (Win7 64bit), without destroying everything?

Maybe http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ ?

PS. BTW, my first post, feel free to give me constructive criticism...

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Well, the hard way to do this could be this:
    1. Get SQLite Database Browser from SQLite Database Browser | Download SQLite Database Browser software for free at SourceForge.net
    2. Open MP-TV Series Configuration, click Details tab. There right click on the serie (or episode) you will change manually and choose "Ignore on Scan".
    3. Close MediaPortal and go to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database". The folder is hidden, so you need tell Windows to show it. Eg:
      For XP:
      Windows XP: Show Hidden Program or System Files
      For Vista/Windows 7:
      Show hidden files
    4. Make a copy of TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 for backup if everything goes wrong. Right click on the file -> Choose Copy -> Right click on the folder and choose Paste.
    5. Start "SQLite Database Browser 2.0 b1.exe" (or what ever your version is called)
    6. In the menu choose File - Open Database
    7. Browse to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3"
    8. Click on the "Browse Data" tab
    9. In the table online_series you have your series (here I added banner picture & description) and in the table local_episodes you have the episodes (here I changed the LocalEpisodeName).
    10. Put your pictures in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners (I made a copy from another serie and changed the pictures) and write the picture names in the DB

Will try this and see if it works :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom