.TS Files + Compession (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Are .TS files already compressed?

If so, how much? and is it worth while compressing them furhter, in, for instance, the x264 codec?

Anyone know how to do this? (ie what software to use)

Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    No they are in mpeg2 format with other info, ie multiple audio, subtitle etc in the one package.

Try mcebuddy or any other encoder that will read ts files as mpeg2, check audio sync, as can be a problem, so test for this after doing a conversion.

1.5Gb file ends up as 300Mb h.264 file (around about 1 hour recording)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    .ts files could be also in h264. It's broadcaster's choice what video and audio formats they are using. Transport stream itself is not limited to mpeg2.

angryjack

Portal Member
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does mcebuddy also run on Windows XP Pro with Mediaportal or only on a MCE edition ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Runs with xp\vista, for ts file conversion you need to change 1 setting *.dvrms delete, add *.ts and tick the box to enable it, one thing i do not know is, how this would deal with a multi-language file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, Hoping someone can help me with the following issue. I have been running IPTV without issue for a while now but all of a sudden none of my channels work if the Mediaportal IPTV Filter and url source splitter is installed (Georgeius version), if I use built in default DVB-IP filter it works fine but of course online Videos plugin...
    Hi, Hoping someone can help me with the following issue. I have been running IPTV without issue for a while now but all of a sudden...
    Hi, Hoping someone can help me with the following issue. I have been running IPTV without issue for a while now but all of a sudden...
    Replies
    Views
    OK managed to mass edit for anyone wanting to know just export tv channels and use a text editor (i use Notepad++ ) and just replace for example &amp with &HttpUserAgent=vlc and choose replace all obviously use whatever agent works vlc in my case then either delete current channels in tv server and re import (and setup epg mapping...
    OK managed to mass edit for anyone wanting to know just export tv channels and use a text editor (i use Notepad++ ) and just...
    Hi, Hoping someone can help me with the following issue. I have been running IPTV channels without issue for a while now (Win7 &...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi all! I'm using MP since nearly 20 years and nearly without great problems. But the last scan of stations was very strange. All...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    Very odd. Thank you for looking. I am mystified then. If ever I find a solution I will post it. Thank you RH
    Very odd. Thank you for looking. I am mystified then. If ever I find a solution I will post it. Thank you RH
    Good evening all, I am getting an error dialog when Online Videos opens : "Error in update: "Automatic update disabled. Check your...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom