.TS H264 problem (1 Viewer)

lampie

Portal Pro
November 26, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay hold on her e it comes. I have several codecs installed and prioritized them accordingky. Everything works fine. Purevideo picks up the .TS extension perfectly within MP.

The problem lies within H264 coding within the .TS container. When i click on a .TS file containing this codec, MP's screen goes to black (it does not render the screen). With graphedit it shows nothing, nothing is playing.

Next i tried forcing it to FFDSHOW h264 decoding. Graphedit then shows a render and i see what the problem is. MP uses the standard Microsoft TS demuxer and this demuxer does not support H264 demuxing. What i want is MP to use the Haali on these h264 .TS files.

I have a small workaround and that is renaming the TS files to AVI or MKV. These extension pick the Haali splitter and then the video renders accordingly within MP. T

The problem does not exist outside MP like with MPC or zoomplayer...

What i want is to completely ditch the Microsoft .TS demuxer for .TS files. When i do this with the radlight filter manager. MP looses its connection to .ts files and plays nothing at all...

Can anybody please help me out in this codec hell ???

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The latest TSFileSource should work.
    Alternatively tell the Haali Media Splitter to support transport streams ;-)

DMAN

niblick

Portal Member
    December 18, 2006
    I think we've both been conned by the same guy posting half baked theories on another forum - I was convinced until recently that the MS demuxer couldn't handle h264 either. If I think about it for more than half a second though it doesn't make sense - the demuxer only really needs to know how to pull packets with the right PID from the input stream and shove them out of the correct output. The actual contents of the packets shouldn't really make a difference to it.

I can now get live BBC HD to play on MP (with the TV server backend) using the MS demuxer, so it definately works with h264.

I've done some digging on msdn since and found some documentation which states that the MS demuxer handles both program and transport streams in push mode but only program streams in pull mode. I'm guessing then that our problem with playing ts files is that the default DS file source filter provides a pull mode interface to the demuxer.

The TSfilesource filter that you have the link to there looks like a push mode filter so it should work but I haven't had much luck yet getting MP to use specific DS filters other than the ones you can select in the config program. I found a Gabest splitter which seemed to handle ts files but I couldn't convice MP to use it. Shame really because it seemed to reduce the audio sync problem which is quite bad with the MS splitter in the graph.

I have bigger problems just now with the TV service crashing every 5 mins so I haven't got much time to play around with DS filters until I sort that out but if you get it to work please post the solution for the rest of us who want to play HD ts files.

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i have the same problem and i dont know how to fix this.

at first i though it was my video card but then if i playback the same h264 1080p file on MPC or WMP it plays just fine witout any problems at all.

In MP however some of those H264 1080p or 1080i transport streams that i have either display a black screen with audio, some others make MP crash and not respond at all.

I use CoreAVC to decode all of my H264,x264 files.
    Any help will be greatly appriciated.

I have a small workaround and that is renaming the TS files to AVI or MKV. These extension pick the Haali splitter and then the video renders accordingly within MP.

lampie thanks for this tip.

Robert Simandl

Portal Member
    July 30, 2005

at first i though it was my video card but then if i playback the same h264 1080p file on MPC or WMP it plays just fine witout any problems at all.

In MP however some of those H264 1080p or 1080i transport streams that i have either display a black screen with audio, some others make MP crash and not respond at all.

For me, WMP plays those 1080p h264 TS files (renamed to .mkv) fine but MP just shows black screen with audio.

I also have CoreAVC and Haali Splitter.

Open to suggestions?

Thanks!

lampie

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem. MP seems to prefer other codecs... But i cant find out why?

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus

For me, WMP plays those 1080p h264 TS files (renamed to .mkv) fine but MP just shows black screen with audio.

I also have CoreAVC and Haali Splitter.

Open to suggestions?

Thanks!

even if after you rename them to .mkv as lampie suggested MP will still not play them?

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    dead thread??

Any one had any luck with this yet, im sick of switching to mpc to watch my .ts movies lol
    any one need some samples?, give me a shout n ill send em
    ps by results i mean open source results ;)
    regrds to all

mdb

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    works here (using SVN) got any sample links?

BTW I use CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra's H.264 decoder which is brilliant on CPU utilisation.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom