[no Bug] Tuner allocated, even though show already on another tuner (1 Viewer)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've noticed that two tuners get used on the server, even if it's the same channel selected on the upstairs and downstairs clients. All three systems are Windows 7 clean builds since Christmas, with initial MP install straight to 1.3B.

I've attached clean logs from a TVserver startup. Then I connect with Client 1 and start viewing a channel selected from the guide (clean logs from MP startup). Then I connect with Client 2 and select the same channel from the guide. Two tuners are in use on the server afterwards. I stop Client 2, and then go to the TV section and select Active Streams and select the one active stream that Client 1 is using. After a delay, a second tuner gets allocated on the server and starts streaming to Client 2 instead of showing Client 1's stream (clean logs from MP startup).

I'm pretty sure it didn't used to do this on older versions. This would cause out of tuner errors in my house on some occassions, if two live sessions are occuring, while multiple recordings are going on.

Attachments

• TVserver.zip
      11.2 KB
    • Client1.zip
      18.3 KB
    • Client2.zip
      20.5 KB

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry, this can be marked as no bug.

I was wondering why no response after so many views, so I looked into it again.

I see now that the additional entries showing as allocated on the server, are duplicate entries for the same tuner. The list of tuners now gets longer when two clients are viewing the same channel, with each tuner entry showing the client it is bound to. Even though it may be the same channel on the same tuner, two sets of timeshift buffer files get created. I thought about it and realized this must be in case the two clients are viewing different subchannels, so I tried that.

It doesn't work properly, as in this case two tuners DO actually get allocated, even though the two channels exist in the same stream. However mm1352000 has already documented this here....

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3706

Sorry for any time I wasted for the devs, examining my logs. I appreciate all your work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom