Tuner priority when recording (1 Viewer)

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    TV-Server Version: MediaPortal 1.0
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide (Darkblue)
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600, passive cooling
    HDD: WD Scorpio 2.5" SATA
    Memory: DDR2, 2x1GB
    Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
    Video Card: Radeon HD4350, passive cooling
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.7, AVIVO
    Sound Card: Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)
    Sound Card AC3: optical out to Harman & Kardon AVR-235 amp
    Sound Card Driver: 5762_5713_v68
    1. TV Card: Floppy DTV DVB-C
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.5N
    2. TV Card: Floppy DTV DVB-C
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: 4.4.5N
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink powerDVD 7
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink powerDVD 7
    HTPC Case: Zalman HD160 Plus
    Cooling: Noctual 8cm fans x2, Scythe Ninja mini passive on CPU
    Power Supply: BeQuiet 450W
    Remote: Microsoft MCE
    TV: Sony KDL-40W4020AEP
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,

Not quite sure about what I am doing wrong here. My HTPC has 2 DVB-C tuners (FloppyDTV), one with a CAM module (tuner 1) and the other without (tuner 2). I am quite happy with the way it works. I don't record much, and when I do, it's usually when I am away or sleeping. I use PVR Scheduler, which works for me as advertised: wakes up the computer, starts recording, stops recording and goes back to sleep mode.

I noticed that when manually recording something on a FTA channel, the tuner with the CAM module is used primarily, and I cannot choose to watch an encrypted channel since that tuner is busy.

I could bind the FTA channels to the tuner without a CAM, and bind the encrypted channels to the tuner with the CAM module and Conax decrypter card, but then I could not for example record an FTA channel and watch another FTA channel using the second tuner...

How should I tell the machine to primarily use tuner 2 to record FTA shows, keeping tuner 1 free for watching encrypted channels ? I am sure there is a simple way to do this...

Is it a simple matter of reordering the tuner priority in TvServer's tuner list ?

TIA,
    Lorenzo

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, unfortunately this a feature that is not possible in the GUI right know.
    The current priority only says which is preferred card when watching TV.

But there is a manual workaround as I described in my signature below - but that workaround is only relevant for recurring recordings, but it works.

A manual workaround is to tune to another channel with your preferred card (watching Live TV) prior to the scheduled recording is about to start - that way you force TVE3 server to use your other card.

Hopefully the MP team will implement to either select preferred card when scheduling the program or a setting in the config to set priority for recording.

JoePlumber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Have you tried grouping each tuner card separately? i.e Tuner1, Tuner2
    When you do a manual recording you can choose which Tv group to record from when you select the Tv channel listings. You can also reorder the Tv groups so that your prefered tuner appears first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom