Video Card Driver: 8.383.0.0
Sound Card: Vynil AC'97 (on board)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.14.1.4200
1. TV Card: ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 series
1. TV Card Type: ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver
1. TV Card Driver: 6.14.10.1081
2. TV Card: Hauppage WinTV PVR-150 MCE
2. TV Card Type: Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.24227
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: How do I determine what I am using here? In device manager , under Video Codecs properties, there are about 10 different things listed as codecs
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Vynal AC"97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast Grand Rapids
HTPC Case: None
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

OK, I hope that gives enough information about my system, feel free to ask anything else, but know that I am a neophyte, so point me in the direction of the best way to provide an answer.

Here is my problem. I am looking for a MCE replacement, since I have not been able to get MCE to run properly (Crashing every time I try to run Live TV)

I found Media Portal today, and was very excited about getting it up and running easily, but when I try to configure it, I am not seeing any input from my capture cards. When I go into the guide and select a channel, I am getting "no tuner can receive:no channels"

When I try to have it scan for channels, it shows a black box where I assume a preview should be, and after the scan, there are no channels populated.

I do have my cable split by an amplifying splitter, but I noticed that when I ran the scan, the signal strength was very low.

Any help you guys can offer would be very much appreciated. The only media system I have been able to get working is MythTV, but I need to run my windows programs as well on the same box.

Thanks!

After downloading and checking the MS XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility, I have found that I am using Cyberlink Video/Sp decoder (ATI) version 6.0.0.1625

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    READ up on using MP under MCE -- I use XP-Home, myself. I recall something about disabling some features of MCE??? Oh, and you need to setup your tuner from inside the MP-configuration app. I had big problems getting my AIW to work but I'm good with the HDTV-Wonder and the Hauppauge 1600 -- are you analog only? Any the decoder checkup has NO BEARING on MP -- you select the codecs from within each section of the config -- one set for TV, one for DVD, and another for movies. I use AC3Filter 1.09a for my audio passthrough and the ATi video codec is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom