Turn Visualisation on/off in Now Playing within MP (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there any way to turn Visualisations on and off from within MP? I know you can do it in Config, but I always turn them on and my family always wants them off so it would be nice if we could switch back and forth according to our preference.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks I do have the MCE Remote but not the one with the red button! I thought the red button just made the visualisation fullscreen? If it actually turns it on and off, can you look in MP Config under remote mapping and tell me what function is being used for the red button? Thanks a lot for your response.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Actually your kinda right it does switch between full screen and windowed mode. In windowed mode it shows cover art and then cycles the visualisation. If you don't want to see visualistaion at all then I'm not sure, but I will check my remote mappings this evening to see if it mentions anything.

Cheers

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My visualisations no longer cycle with the cover art/artist images in any of my 4:3 skins. I thought I remembered they used to in 2.3.0! Thanks for reminding me. Maybe I forgot some setting somewhere! I think since I upgraded to MP 1.0 they stopped cycling.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    First of all, there is no way to turn Visualisation on/off from within MP.

BUT, you can set in Configurtion, that in Now Playing youdon't want to hve te Visualisatin displayed.
    And if you want to see a vis, just go Full screen.

In my opinion, it does't make senseanyhow, to have the Vis displyed in theOverlay windows

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks hwahrmann, that's exactly what I wanted! Is there a remote button equivalent to the x key on the keyboard that toggles fullscreen mode? I used Window/Fullscreen Music and it works, but not as a toggle. I know I can use the back key, but I would think every keyboard shortcut has an equivalent remote button no?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a remote button equivalent to the x key on the keyboard that toggles fullscreen mode?

x = remote red button, so if in any music screen, pressing x\red button will take you to fullscreen visualisations.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Ray, but as I stated above, I don't have a red button (my MCE Remote came with my PVR-150 card MCE kit).

I tried configuring a button to Remote Red Button, but that doesn't work, so I checked the Remote config and it says the red button is configured to Show GUI (no condition). So I configured a button to Action Show GUI (no condition) and that works perfectly! Not exactly intuitive is it? Especially since the Wiki says to use Fullscreen (not Show GUI)!

Anyway, thanks for the tip, that got me there!

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    x = remote red button, so if in any music screen, pressing x\red button will take you to fullscreen visualisations.

is it possible to get to now playing or the playlist screen instead of the fullscreen visualisation if i press the red button? tried to get this done but i had no luck at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom