Turning Subtitles On/Off - No Message On Screen? (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When turning subtitles On/Off, is there an option to have MP display a pop-up saying whether they have been turned On and in which language?

Switching Audio language does show a popup with this information so it seems odd that subtitle activation does not.

BigBear

Portal Pro
February 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
on my system in moving pictures and also in mytvseries there is a message. just like the audio-change message...
i use the yellow button on my ms remote and it says "english" or just the filename or something like that and if i switch through all options it says "subtitles off".

The language is shown if they are inside an mkv and are tagged right. When they are external srt files or anything you get the filename.

i cant remember that this didnt work in any point in the last months.

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    yeah this happens to me also.. my dvd rips work, the subtitle menu pops up and also displays the text but all my HD content noting..
    file format mkv
    made using makeMKV...

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    does your mkv files contain SRT streams? if so mp will make use of them..if they are blu-ray PGS subtitle streams then u'll have to wait for the subtitle engine to be updated before they will work in MP or convert them to SRT streams

as for subtitle stream display ..it shows up just fine for me

i can toggle through the color buttons on my MS remote ..they show the audio and subtitle streams (yellow for subs) (green for audio streams)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom