Tuto: [Win7 x64] How to rip CD with EAC into WMA Lossless

Discussion in 'Listen Music' started by fabien44, March 8, 2011.

1. fabien44

fabien44 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 1
    Hello,

i would like to post a procedure to rip properly CDs with EAC into WMA Lossless on Windows 7 64 bits.

1 - Install EAC (Exact Audio Copy)
    2 - Install windows media encoder 9 series x64 (Windows Media Encoder 9 Series x64 Edition 1.0 Free Download - Windows Media Encoder 9 Series for x64 Platforms. - BumperSoft)
    3 Replace the file C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\EncoderWMCmd.vbs with the attached one (the original one does not tag album, year and genre)
    3 - Open EAC and go to compression options->External compression tab
    3.1 Check on "Use external program for compression"
    3.2 Select "Use Defined Encoder" and set extention to ".wma"
    3.3 set this line as program used for compression: "C:\Windows\Sysnative\cscript.exe"
    3.4 Set additional command line options: "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" -input %s -output %d -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -title "%t" -author "%a" -album "%g" -genre "%m" -year %y -trackno %n
    4 - Validate and start the rip

Attached Files:

• WMCmd.zip
      File size:
      20.5 KB
      Uploaded:
      March 8, 2011
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pahlmd

Pahlmd New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I tried what you outline above however, when I click on "Test Encoder" I get an "Invalid Replacement Tag Found !" message. EAC puts the cursor on what it believes is incorrect (I am assuming). The cursor is immediately before the % in the part of the string ...-input %s -output.....

Any thoughts?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!