Ongoing TV Auto Power On with DVI or HDMI? (1 Viewer)

jensnasholm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    All,

Currently i am running a VGA-->DVI converter to my TV (Fujitsu-Siemens Myrica PQ42-1) and i cannot get the Auto Power On working with my TV. I also remember that i think i read somewhere that Auto Power On will not work with converters like VGA-->DVI.

Now i am looking at purchasing a new GPU (instead of the onboard nvidia 6150) mainly for quality and performance improvements and i really want to get the Auto Power On function working as well. Hate this thing of having two remotes! ;-)

My question now is the following,

Is Auto Power On natively supported by both DVI and HDMI so it doesn't matter which one i go for...or should it also work with my existing VGA-->DVI converter meaning that there is something else not working here with my TV or PC setup. Unfortunately i do not have another DVD/PC to test with so i need some help here.

Thanks,
    Jens

jensnasholm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Let me change the question a little bit,

Is anyone sucessfully having MP turning the TV on from Standby when MP comes back from suspend?

Cheers,
    Jens

Edna

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Jens,

When resuming from standby I use the MCE replacement plugin and the MCE IR blaster to turn on my tv and reciever and to set the TV and reciever to the right input and surround settings. - If you have the MCE remote you might want to try that.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A lot of Graphics cards do not fully support the HDMI standards, ie sending the signal to turn on TV or able to send sound, but there is a new generation that have HDMI connectors instead of DVI which are fully compliant, but these are rare at this moment.

Personally would try and get one of these, preferably a ATI 2600 or Nvidia 8600 just to make sure of good HD playback.

jensnasholm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Guys,

Thanks for the quick responses...and my apology for the slightly delayed answer ;-)

Unfortunately i do not use the MCR remote so i guess the MCE plugin is out of the door... and i will have a look at the Graphics Cards you suggested PD... ;-)

Thanks again,
    Jens

MyPVR

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Be myself I use the PVR Scheduler with its External Control Plugin II. After activating the "turn on TV" in the MP settings and in the External Control Plugin the video out seems to be ok after Stand By.

But I think that the video out of my PC sometimes won't react as normal if the PC is resumed from Stand By and the TV is not running at this point. My work around is to resume the TV first and after that the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom