TV Auto tune (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    First of all: The autotune feature works great with my PVR USB2.

Still room for improvements

1) My EPG delivers some 40 channel names that I can map the found tv channels to. Now I have 4 or 5 channels which have no epg data from xmltv.
    It would be cool to have a "add" button that does the same as add in the setup. (just for conveniance)

2) when mapping or skipping has reached the highest frequency there is no way to restart the scan or scan downwards.
    Why would you do that? Scanning for channels will bring you to a channel where they have a commercial break. There is no channel logo in commercial breaks (germany) so I would not no which channel it is. As I don´t want to wait for end of commercials I skip this channel. So I need to rescan to get the ones I omitted in the first run.

3) when doing a second autotune it would be nice if the window would say somewhere for example "RTL" if this channel was already mapped to RTL.

4) Maybe bug: when closing autotune with O.K. I return to MP without restart of program. On reentering the autotune is broken. After MP restart it works agein.

tomtom21000

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Bringing this thread up again, since usability is the headline of 0.0.2.0

Cut 4) from first post, that is outdated. The other ones would improve usability greatly.

And 5)
    Can you make the tuning preview of the tv pic as big as possible? The easiest way to map the channels is by the tv logo, which the channels display. But this is extremely hard to identify on the very small preview!

And 6) As in some countires some channels cannot be found because they use channel + or - , wouldn´t it be possible to scan the frequencies like a fine tuning?

And 7) I hear that a new tv module will use working graphs per card, which the users can submit and help other users to get it work very easily. Could there be a similar system for the tv channels? U can´t support all countires, but if users can do it there is only one user per country and region necessary.(maybe antenna/cable)(In germany there are different cable providers per region, so this needs to be covered, but the file could have universal fields like channel name, channel number and frequency)
    And u could easily set this up again after a reinstall, change of the database, etc.
    Mr.Mario you said in another thread, autotune is not the way to go, but I think it would be a big improvement in terms of usability. Also saves you some forum work ;)

tomtom21000

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom