TV Auto Zoom (1 Viewer)

theopulus

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Here in Spain there are TV shows in 4:3 and TV shows in 16:9 format. When watching TV with Mediaportal, I find that when a new show starts with a different aspect ratio (ie. a 16:9 film starts after seen 4:3 contents) the Mediaportal app does not make any change on the image, so you start watching a stretched image until you press the zoom button to adapt it. I must say that watching TV with the integrated tuner of my TV allows my to autozoom programs when that happens.

I've also noticed that it also happens when the program at the begining is showed in 16:9 and then it changes to a 4:3 program, because the image stays in a 16:9 zoom marked as "normal" until you change the zoom.

After trying MythTV, I found that it suppports the auto zoom as well, so I'd like to know if Mediaportal is going to give this feature supported in a near future.

Thanks.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    It should happen by default in PDVD or other modern MPEG2 decoders. Your profile says you use ffdshow for MPEG2, which would not auto adjust.

theopulus

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    it sounds good, in your opinion, which MPEg2 should I choose? I've tried some others, but it seems that the image gets worse quality (pixelized and so).

BTW, is there any MPEG2 decoder which makes use of DXVA or CUDA?

Thanks for the response

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'd recommend PDVD9 or Microsoft DTV (available if your vista is ultimate) for DXVA supported codecs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom