TV card gone / tv server weird after upgrade (1 Viewer)

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Hi, I just upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2.
    Win7 32, kworld pci tuners X 2(4 tuners dvbt), 5450 ati vid, 2tb store.

Complete uninstall of 1.1.0. Then fresh install 1.1.2

After installing 1.1.2 my pci tuners card would disappear after standby(and sometimes ramdomly), and would appear in win device drivers as "unknown device". Tried newer drivers and stuffing around in the bios but no change.
    Tvserver would hang- I could go into the tv server setup but could not get any life out of it using the manual settings.

Went back to 1.1.0 and now all is good.
    When I've got more time I will try again and reinstall 1.1.2 to get logs. anyone else have this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi datfreak

After installing 1.1.2 my pci tuners card would disappear after standby(and sometimes ramdomly), and would appear in win device drivers as "unknown device". Tried newer drivers and stuffing around in the bios but no change.
    Tvserver would hang- I could go into the tv server setup but could not get any life out of it using the manual settings.
    When tuners appear as unknown it means that the operating system has lost them. This is a driver issue, not a TV Server or MediaPortal issue...

Went back to 1.1.0 and now all is good.
    When I've got more time I will try again and reinstall 1.1.2 to get logs...
    I'd say that is just luck, but I'd be happy to look at some logs...

Just an FYI: problems after resume are unfortunately very common among TV tuners. They tend to be caused by tuner driver issues. Here are a few things you can try:
    1. Set up a static IP address.
    2. Reinitialise TV Server on resume.
    3. Delay the start of TV server (to give the tuner driver time to reload).
    4. Try different versions of the tuner driver.

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Then why has the tuners been solid for 6 months - die with 1.1.2 - (i did 2,3,4 of those steps), even after ~10 reboots, then work fine with the old 1.1.0 install? I admit I didnt use a static ip- I will try that.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Then why has the tuners been solid for 6 months - die with 1.1.2 - (i did 2,3,4 of those steps), even after ~10 reboots, then work fine with the old 1.1.0 install? I admit I didnt use a static ip- I will try that.
    Does this happen all the time with 1.1.2 ??

If Windows is not seeing the device then MP can not see it either. Very little changed between 1.1.0 and 1.1.2 (only a handful of small bug fixes and none that look like they would relate to this)

Nothing else at all has changed with your machine??

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Last time I saw this problem the TV card needed to be rehoused in the slot (the heat had allowed it to move a tiny bit and so it disappeared from devices).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom