[no Bug] Tv card Pinnacle PCTV 100e (aka PCTV USB2 2821) (1 Viewer)

sebastianand

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The analog tv card Pinnacle PCTV 100e (aka PCTV USB2 2821) does not seem to work with Mediaportal - Rc6

I have made a working graph in graphedit. Picture and sound there is absolutly perfekt. The card works in almost any program i have tested. Chris Tv, Pinnacles own TvStudio, WINDVR 3, and CyberLink PowerCinema v6.0

But when i try to scan for channels in TvSetup (mediaportal tvserver) so do that familiar "Graph cant be created" popup

Do anyone have any ideas? Please help me, I really want to use mediaportal to watch television, i use the fantastic plugins, moving pictures and my tvseries with it and have been using mediaportal for a really long time now.

/Sebastian

Attachments

• pin100e.jpg
    pin100e.jpg
    68 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The analog tv card Pinnacle PCTV 100e (aka PCTV USB2 2821) does not seem to work with Mediaportal - Rc6

I have made a working graph in graphedit. Picture and sound there is absolutly perfekt. The card works in almost any program i have tested. Chris Tv, Pinnacles own TvStudio, WINDVR 3, and CyberLink PowerCinema v6.0

But when i try to scan for channels in TvSetup (mediaportal tvserver) so do that familiar "Graph cant be created" popup

Do anyone have any ideas? Please help me, I really want to use mediaportal to watch television, i use the fantastic plugins, moving pictures and my tvseries with it and have been using mediaportal for a really long time now.

/Sebastian

Please post logs, including from an attempted channel scan.

I'm guessing that this card has software encoding, not hardware encoding, so it might simply not be supported.

You have clearly searched the forums and found several other people who are unable to get this card to work. I'm guessing that it simply doesn't work. Sorry!

Mark

sebastianand

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is my bedroom setup i iam trying to run with an old laptop. That only have usb ports available

/Sebastian

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From the Wiki
    In general the tvserver supports
    1. any DVB/ATSC card which has BDA drivers
    2. any analog card with h/w encoding onboard
    3. some analog cards which use s/w encoding
    A quick check shows that this is software encoding and is unfortunately not one of the supported ones. I will therefore mark this as no-bug.

There are lots of DVB-T USB tuners around but not many analogue with hardware encoding. Do you need analogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom