TV channel search doesn't find cable channels (1 Viewer)

davidsch

August 14, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: Standard Skin
Windows Version: WinXP 32. Bit SP3
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
HDD: 40 GB
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Matrox
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: WinTV PCI (Old)
1. TV Card Type: WinTV with 878 chip
1. TV Card Driver: Conexants BtPCI WDM Video Capture 5.3.8.0 Version
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: KabelDeutschland Germany / Cable

I can look the cable tv channels with K!TV without any issues. But MediaPortal is not able to find any cabel channel for me.
I'm trying it already for days without success. Last chance is to ask you in the Forum.

In some installations I got a "can't write Graph error" messages.
Currently I'm not getting any error message but he is not finding any tv channel.

Attached you can see the current log files after a fresh new installation and here is a part that I think can already tell you something about the problem:

############

2011-08-14 09:00:25.843750 [(4)]: Exception :confused:ystem.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at DirectShowLib.IGraphBuilder.Connect(IPin ppinOut, IPin ppinIn)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.FilterGraphTools.ConnectFilter(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, IPin pinSource, IBaseFilter destinationFilter, Int32& destinationPinIndex)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.Components.Capture.CreateAutomaticFilterInstance(Graph graph, ICaptureGraphBuilder2 capBuilder, IFilterGraph2 graphBuilder, Tuner tuner, Crossbar crossbar, TvAudio tvAudio)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.Components.Capture.CreateFilterInstance(Graph graph, ICaptureGraphBuilder2 capBuilder, IFilterGraph2 graphBuilder, Tuner tuner, Crossbar crossbar, TvAudio tvAudio)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()

2011-08-14 09:00:25.859375 [(4)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Dispose()
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

2011-08-14 09:00:26.375000 [(4)]: Exception :confused:ystem.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)

############

Would be great if somebody could get me the software running :) thx

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome davidsch! :)

I'm sorry to have to give you bad news, but your tuner is not supported by TV Server. The reason is that your tuner requires a connection to your sound card for audio to work. Such tuners can't timeshift or record properly, and that is why we don't support them. You can see this on the supported cards page in our wiki -->here<--:

In general the TV-Server supports
    3. some analog cards which use software encoding. The TV card must not require a connection to the "Line In" or "Microphone" input of the sound card to make the audio work.

Sorry once again to give you this bad news. :sorry:

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom