TV channels repeated in TV Guide (1 Viewer)

maxsdad

January 26, 2007
Home Country
England England
Hi there,
Just wondered if somebody can help. I've setup my channels in the order I want them in Mediaportal setup, and no channel is repeated. I've also used web-EPG to import the TVguide, again with no repeats. However, when I open the TV guide the first 5 channels are repeated again at the bottom of my list. I think this is also affecting the TV-clash excalamation mark on the Red "record" sign, because although I have a dual tuner it is showing clashes.

Does anybody know how to remove the duplicate listings and/or the unreal clashes?

Thanks a lot

Chris

t_robinson

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Duplicate Channels in EPG

I am Also seeing the same thing. I am using webepg. I am using a usb dvb-t dongle. I run the tv-server. In Media portal on any pc that acceses the server the guide is identical with the channels listed twice. It lists all 7 channels in one group followed by the first 4 channels repeated.
I have attached a screen dump for review.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps this is just some kind of misunderstanding.
    If you have 4 channels in a group and the skin shows 7 lines at once in the tv guide than it's normal that the channels are repeated.
    So have selected a group with only 4 channels in it or should there be more channels in the group?

funkychicken

Portal Member
    November 10, 2006
    I had a similar problem with 0.2.2.0, but this only happened on 1 channel. I still couldnt remove the channel as it just came back after MP restart, I solved the issue by changing the Channel ID in configuration and making sure the channel ID was higher than all my other channels. This way, my duplicate was the last channel in the Guide.

P.Niem

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have only 4 channels to watch to. What is the reason to repeat these 4 channels multiple times?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's inbuilt into the skins, you could edit the tvguide skin files to only show 4, but proportionally would look rather strange.

Now there's a good reason to upgrade to freeview satellite :D

P.Niem

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will have a look at those tvguide files

My goal is to get quality, not to get quantity. That's the reason I watch only four channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom