TV-Client didn't install any more (1 Viewer)

kkkorbi

Portal Member
October 1, 2005
I want to install the RC2 then first I lost my complete setting f.e. XMLTV, TV-channels and my settings of the MP itself. Then I install the RC2 - so fare so good. but as i use the installer to put in som Addins f.e. for my VFD the the Configurator crashes. So I delete the MP - not the TV-Server and re-run the Setup - Result: No TV-Client installed but the Screen of the Installer says YES. I put the TV-Plugin-DLL in to the right folder - TV-Client failed. This Setup is very bullshit because no Repair-function is there.

The Result of all:
Two Ways:
Delete all of the RC2 include the fine working TV-Server and reinstall - A lot to configure

or

Let the RC2 - TV-SERVER and restore the RC1 -Client

So please reconfigure this Setup you are on the right way but we need a repair funktion without loosing all setting

Regards

KKKorbi

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    So I delete the MP - not the TV-Server and re-run the Setup - Result: No TV-Client installed but the Screen of the Installer says YES.

If you delete and not uninstall you can create weird issues.

I put the TV-Plugin-DLL in to the right folder - TV-Client failed.

This is not the right way of doing things...

This Setup is very bullshit because no Repair-function is there.

If you do things as they should be done, it works quite well :p

Simone

kkkorbi

Portal Member
    October 1, 2005
    this what you told me, I did before with removing with the uninstaller, but it failed.

In Vista the settings aren't in the MP-folder structure but in the All Users -Program-Data - Folder. I can't understand that the deployment team goes this way.
    The best working is a clear structure so the configfiles are in the Program Folder and not in the Profile.

But I think more then the RC of the MP grows, less OS-Systems are supported. First the Server 2003 left then Vista 64 - unbeliveable.

I uses Vista 64 because XP is out of date soon. The Problem is the TV-Client Plugin. This causes a error so the configurator fails.

And finally the most of the Plugins that worked in the RC1 fails in the RC2 , more these Addins kills the RC2 installation. This is the Result of my Problems So I have to make a complete Roll back - Better would be: don't touch a running system -

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    In Vista the settings aren't in the MP-folder structure but in the All Users -Program-Data - Folder. I can't understand that the deployment team goes this way.
    The best working is a clear structure so the configfiles are in the Program Folder and not in the Profile.

As Microsoft teach, programs are in "%ProgramFiles%", config and user data are in "%AllUserProfiles%".
    Under Vista with UAC you cannot even write in "%ProgramFiles%" and those writes are redirected to VirtualStore.

But I think more then the RC of the MP grows, less OS-Systems are supported. First the Server 2003 left then Vista 64 - unbeliveable.

Vista64 is supported as wiki reports: GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

So I have to make a complete Roll back - Better would be: don't touch a running system

Your choise...

Simone

kkkorbi

Portal Member
    October 1, 2005
    That Vista 64 ist supported isn't right in the new RC2 because I get a Message in the configure tool for the TV-Server and the MP - Configurator

In the meantime, i have a solution found: I installed a native MP-Client on a other system and copy the complete structure to my MP-PC - and now it works.

So the problem is the setup right now. But the development team did a great job in the Program it self. :) They gives the system more stability Great.

But it would be great that there is a Version-tracker inside, because if you load an addin with the installer, you could get trouble with old plugins- this causes crashes - my experience!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom