tv client hangs when loading a channel (1 Viewer)

ftothe3

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: streamedmp
Windows Version: vista x86, sp1
CPU Type: intel q6600 (G0)
HDD:
Memory: 4GB DD2 PC6400
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q-EM G45
Video Card: GMA X4500HD (onboard)
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1600 (WinTV 418)
1. TV Card Type: analog&atsc
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: coreavc
Satelite/CableTV Provider: timewarner
HTPC Case: antec fusion 430
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: logitech harmony 880
TV: Mitsubishi HC4900 projector
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

i tried searching around but couldn't figure this out. i have my tv server running on a winxp computer and the client is running on vista. on the server computer, the preview of the channel works. on the client, i can see my channel list but when i try to load a channel MP freezes. i have the locator service running on both computers no firewalls or antivirus software on either one.

martinjm

July 14, 2009
I have the exact same problem, with both server and client installed on a Vista 64 machine. Channel preview works OK in the server side but MyTv freezes when I try to watch TV and only shows a black screen. I'm running an Avermedia TV card m780 on a vista 64 2.4 core 2 quad processor, can anyone help us please? I would appreciate if anyone can point in any direction...

Thanks,

BTW, Im also running the Asus P5Q mobo :confused:

ftothe3

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hmm maybe i should try updating my video card drivers or something

also, it might be good to post your log files too so we can see what's similar

pantrax

Portal Member
July 20, 2009
It's most likely related to some level of power saving/suspend mode at the server. At the top of my head i belive i've seen problems with s3/s4. Try restarting your TV service. If it is this then there's a whole lot of options you can use to prevent it from happening again. The least intrusive one, if it works, should be "restarting the service after suspend" which i think should be available in the server config.

tommeltott

Portal Member
April 19, 2009
Czech Republic
Home Country
Norway Norway
I ve got the same problem, funny thing is, it used to work, and suddenly from one day to the other, I m having problems with Tv client showing live TV. Channelsearch and scheduling for records in addition to other features seem to be working Ive also tried to disable any firewalls on both sides and a clean reinstall of the client, all without luck, does anyone have an idea what could be the cause?

thx, tommeltott, CZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom