TV Client not working since today (1 Viewer)

planter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 5, 2008
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.4.2.24975
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Windows 7
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4550
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.1
    1. TV Card: Skystar HD
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S

Hi guys,
    today when I started my Mediaportal Client(HTPC) TV wasn't working. So I rebooted the Client and Server(most of the times this fixed all problems) but it still won't work. Tried the whole day to make it work again. So I reinstalled MediaPortal on Client and Server completly new (even SQL Database) but it still don't work :(

I made some Screenshots and the LOG to describe the Problem.

After starting Mediaportal on the Client i get this Message: (Lost Connection to Tv-Server)

Then when i click on TV I see this Message:

I click on Change and reenter the Hostname of the Server (Tried direct IP too) and get these two failures:

So it says that the Ports are blocked and i should check my Firewall Settings.
    So I deactivated Firewalls on Server and Client completely... Still same Error...
    After completely reinstalling Mediaportal on Server and Client(only MP no Plugins..) it still won't work and now I don't know what I still could do.. I tried basically anything I know and searched the whole Forum...

The Error.Log says:
    Code:
    2010-02-15 21:39:39.528562 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TVHome: Error in Reload
    2010-02-15 21:39:39.539563 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=Anton-PC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.
       bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
       --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
       bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
       bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
       bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
       bei Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()
       bei Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
       bei Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
       bei Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLAnalyzer.Analyze(String tableName)
       bei Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
       bei Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
       bei Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
       bei Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
       bei Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(StatementType stmtType, Type type)
       bei TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.
       bei Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.
    2010-02-15 21:39:39.545563 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=Anton-PC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300;
    2010-02-15 21:39:39.550563 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   site      :Void FailWith(Gentle.Common.Severity, Gentle.Common.Error, System.Exception, System.String)
    2010-02-15 21:39:39.556564 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   source    :Gentle.Common
    2010-02-15 21:39:39.561564 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   stacktrace:   bei Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
       bei Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
       bei Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
       bei TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()

Yesterday and the Weeks before it really worked fine. Can't remember doing anything to MediaPortal..
    On the Server TV works perfectly fine..

I really hope someone can help me out here...

Thank you very much ! :);)

planter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 5, 2008
    Just tried and installed another MediaPortal Client on my Laptop. Still the same..
    So I think it's definitely a issue with the Server.

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

"The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached."

No Database, no server, no client. Did u removed the database too?
    Check if the mySQL Services are running, check the error log of mySQL.

I had the same last week, and had a bad database that was needed by the sql-server. So the Server tried to start, and then gave up. Making TVService not start, and ForTheRecord in my case.

wolfi_b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: TV Client not working since today

Maybe the database got damaged, you can repair it by using MySQL Administrator.

planter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 5, 2008
    I reinstalled MediaPortal 2 time completly including the Database. Yesterday i tried MSSQL2008 instead of MySQL still not working..

It's working perfectly here on Server-Client PC so i don't think the database is broken? On the Client(HTPC) it still don't work.. Tried almost everything :(

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV Client not working since today

I had the same issue last week but I have MSSQL. MP said that port 1433 is blocked.
    I noticed that in the network configuration of MSSQL a different port was used. When I changed it to 1433 the problem was solved.
    Maybe there is something similiar in MySQL?

view.php

planter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 5, 2008
    Could it be because of MPWebServices? I installed it and tested it.. A few hours later i uninstalled it.
    I think since then it's not working. Otherwise I completely reinstalled MediaPortal and still the same problem..

planter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 5, 2008
    Just completly removed Mediaportal from Client and Server and installed the RC1 with hope...
    ~2hours later I still got the exact same failure :(
    When i enter the direct IP MediaPortal says: Connection to MySQL established, connection to the database couldn't, All Ports are open... With Hostname MySQL Connection is broke too...

Code:
    2010-02-20 19:33:15.638661 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TVHome: Error in Reload
    2010-02-20 19:33:15.648661 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=Anton-PC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.
       bei Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()
       bei Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
       bei TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.
       bei Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.
    2010-02-20 19:33:15.654662 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=Anton-PC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300;
    2010-02-20 19:33:15.659662 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   site      :Void FailWith(Gentle.Common.Severity, Gentle.Common.Error, System.Exception, System.String)
    2010-02-20 19:33:15.664662 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   source    :Gentle.Common
    2010-02-20 19:33:15.669663 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]:   stacktrace:   bei Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
       bei TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()

Please help me :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

Kingmob

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, I have the same error in my log (but then in english ;)) since updating my client to the latest RC.
    Extra detail is, that I use MySQL on the server, but the error message clearly states the MSSQL and it's associated port. I'm at a loss what to do, the log file doesn't give me much information. Is this a new bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom