h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Asus cs-5110 - Beautiful
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Harmony525
    TV: Sony klv-v32a10
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Please help, too many late nights, very low WAF, kids don't talk to me anymore, scotch bottle empty.

I have been running mediaportal single seat for a long time and followed upgradades from about 0.2.2 I think

I finally bit the bullet and decided to add a second client, based on an Asus Nova Lite PX24. Very cute.

Initially I tried to get the thing working wirelessly, but had lots of trouble. Have now installed a couple of Ethernet over power plugs, and the netwrk side of things seems fine. Files play over the network via VLC fine, all good.

I have 2 issues with the client, and the first to address is the TV side of things. I click to turn on the TV and get a blank screen, no audio, no video.

I have attached logs which seem to indicate either a network security issue (I think) or a codec issue. The only codecs I have installed other than those installed by Media Portal are the latest SAF version. As per the SAF instructions I uninstalled the PowereDVD software which came with the nova lite.

I have also attached the Belarc report for the client as above details are for the server machine.

Any help appreciated to save my sleep, my marriage and my liver.:D

Attachments

• config.txt
      30.6 KB

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    try turning off all anti virus and firewall software temporarily to see if it will work.
    If after disabling the firewall (on both pc's) and antivirus (also on both pc's) you find you can connect, then you will need to figure out which is the offender and fix it from there.

also, make sure your server hostname is set correctly in the media postal config on your client machine.
    if it is correct, try the local ip address (192.168.x.x) to see if it is a dns issue.

if all this fails, try reinstalling cyberlink over saf and see if you can get any picture.

good luck!

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Thanks for the reply.

For the record it turns out I had more problems than I thought.

1. Network issues with Vista "Unidentified Network "local access" only" a known issue which is a right PIA see here for a long thread with possible solutions Unidentified Network "local access" only - Windows Vista Forums Not sure which one worked, but I have a feeling it was an issue Norton Internet Securty, which even though I had not set it up yet (came with the PC) seemed to be interfering with network traffic. Solved that one.

2. Codec issues because of the pre-installed PowerDVD on the machine. I did uninstall it as required under the SAF instructions, but seemed to still have stuff in the registry which was interfering. Ended up reinstalling Vista to solve that one.

3. Speed issues across me network due to the Ethernet over power plugs - solved that by rearranging where all of the various bits of electronica we have in the house are plugged in.

4. Hard coded the TV Server IP, reset the router about 5 bazillion times, stopped and started the TV server about the same number of times.

Problem seems now to be fixed, we shall see. WAF remains low, "I just want to watch telly" she says. Kids talking to me now, bought another bottle of scotch.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    haha
    WAF is a hard one.

No matter what miracles you are able to preform, it doesn't matter since it should have just worked to begin with.

Mine is rather understanding compared to most. (Mainly because i keep a backup basic cable hookup for when it hits the fan)
    But the scotch will never let ya down!

However the struggle will always continue, my only other advice is to get to know arconis true image (or some comparable software), it is a massive time (and life) saver!

good luck!

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    Yep, the WAF factor is usally the killer, my wife just says what have i played with and not that is was mediaportal fault.

one thing i have noticed though is to always use a static ip for server and set it in server config to stream using IP and always use the ip address when defining the hostname in the tv cleint bit.
    In regards to SAF, i know a lot of people have had great results with it and kudos to hoborg for it, but i have had not any joy with it and always gone back to the old favorites of fdshow tryouts, coreavc and powerdvd and haali -never fails

aidbish

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom