TV Config not installed (1 Viewer)

Alan Panther

January 10, 2014
Home Country
Australia Australia
Just downloaded and installed Media Portal 1.6.0. on my desktop running Windows XP 32bit with SP3.
Requirements show that this OS will produce warning messages during install but will run.
Does not seem to be anywhere I can introduce the program to my TV stick which is a DVB-T+DAB+FM stick.
The forum indicates that there should be a MediaPortal TV Config program but no such option was installed.
The only programs available after installation are MP, MP Configuration, MP Extension Installer and Titan Editor.
HELP. My overriding reason for installing MP was to be able to watch TV on my desktop, and maybe record the odd program. DAB radio and even FM radio would be nice as my stick supports them, but they are not essential.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Alan

It sounds like you've installed MediaPortal without the TV Server component. I suggest you uninstall and reinstall following the install guide in the wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/1_Getting_Started/12_Installing_MediaPortal

Key point: make sure you say you'll use MP to watch TV. After that, if you choose an advanced install, make sure you select "single-seat" to install the TV Server on the same PC.

Requirements show that this OS will produce warning messages during install but will run.
    Correct, for now.

The forum indicates that there should be a MediaPortal TV Config program but no such option was installed.
    Correct. If you install correctly there should be such a link on your desktop.

HELP. My overriding reason for installing MP was to be able to watch TV on my desktop, and maybe record the odd program. DAB radio and even FM radio would be nice as my stick supports them, but they are not essential.
    TV on your desktop should be possible... though you won't be able to use DAB or FM with MediaPortal. TV Server doesn't support DAB. TV Server does support FM, but your tuner doesn't implement FM in a standard way.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom