TV-display problem: Black squares ontop of video (1 Viewer)

hiddi

Portal Member
September 13, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4
Windows Version: WinXP Pro SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon64 3200+
HDD: 100GB + 80GB + 60GB (ATA)
Memory: 1024 MB DDR
Motherboard: Asus A8N-VM CSM
Motherboard Chipset: nForce 430
Motherboard Bios: 1002
Video Card: nForce 6150 (onboard graphics)
Video Card Driver: 91.47_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql
Sound Card: SoundMAX (onboard sound)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar 2, Rev. 2.6D
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.0

MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: DScaler Audio Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra & Hotbird

Hi all,

I try to get my new TV-card work together with MP (the card's original DVBviewer-software already does) but I discovered the following unsolveable problem:

The TV-output (including recorded stuff) is always covered by fixed black squares (see screenshots).

The error.log contains just this single line:
Code:
12.09.2006 22:22:52  CaptureCard B2C2 MPEG-2 Source NOT supported, no definitions found

The deinstallation of everything (including card-drivers) and installation of MP 0.2.0.0 or even MediaPortal-svn--09-12-2006--00-58-Rev10250.exe didn't change anything.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

hiddi

Portal Member
September 13, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi jawbroken,

if I switch to the only other codec/filter (MPV Decoder Filter) I can use right now, the effect is identical.

Are there any (free?) alternatives I can install?

Greetz

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Hmm. Maybe not a codec issue then. Have you tried different graphics card drivers?

I am a little out of my depth when it comes to satellite cards, as I have never used one.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You say the software that came with your card works. How about playing recordings from that software in MP, does that look ok? Have you tried playing recordings made by MP in another player? That might help narrow down the problem.

Geggan

Portal Member
July 24, 2006
It is some kind of incompability with Nvidia Forceware - GeForce 6150 - Mediaportal.
I have the same issues on my system. It doesn't show up in fullscreen.

The only solution I found so far is to install Forceware 84.21.

hiddi

Portal Member
September 13, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Geggan,

thanx for your hint: I switched back to the old nVidia drivers V81.98 and the strange squares disappeared! But fullscreen-mode still does not work at all (no image).

Today I also tested the mpeg2-codec Elecard V3.4.60815 (demo-version) - and the squares were shown, too (under Forceware V91.47).

Because of this and the reason that I never had any problems with video-playback inside windows or fullscreen before (using VLC, DVBviewer TE, Windows Mediaplayer, Nero Showtime, etc.) it seems to be a bug in Media Portal itself - in combination with

• nForce 6150
  • latest Forceware drivers (V91.xx)

I don't think that it affects many users because this graphics card is not widely spread. But if there is any coder of MP out there who can fix it, I would be very thankful (an can use my system as planed: as small standalone mediacenter which doesn't need any additional hardware)...

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Because of this and the reason that I never had any problems with video-playback inside windows or fullscreen before (using VLC, DVBviewer TE, Windows Mediaplayer, Nero Showtime, etc.) it seems to be a bug in Media Portal itself - in combination with

• nForce 6150
  • latest Forceware drivers (V91.xx)
I doubt that. None of your listed applications uses the same technology MP uses for video display. Microsoft's MCE uses the same, tho. So I guess you'd have the same problem with MCE. ;)
So I bet it's no MediaPortal-bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom