cPH

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
Linz
Home Country
Austria Austria
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0, SVN MediaPortal-svn--04-08-2007--14-17-Rev13914
1. TV Card: TwinhanDTV Cab-CI (2033 Mantis)
1. TV Card Type: dvb-c
1. TV Card Driver: BDA 1.019 or 1.030
CableTV Provider: liwest

My cable net provider is changing tuning details for one single channel (ORF2 O) several times a day. This only happens when changing between national and regional TV programs.
I have tuned ORF2 O national program as default. Each time when switching to ORF2 O regional program my TV is freezing. :mad:
Until 15th of March 2007 I was using MyTV 0.2. After freezing I used to switch to any channel and back to ORF2 O again. Then, I got video with no sound running. After switching a second time video and audio worked fine again.
With TVE3 this workaround won't help anymore and I have to scan channels again to get TV tuned. This is very annoying. Besides, I have to quit my application and/or will not ever be able to schedule any recordings.
As I know from a friend who owns a native set top box (bought from our cable provider) even his TV shortly stops with transmission when our provider changes tuning details. After a few seconds, everything is working fine again.
So I guess, it would be nice if TVE3 also could recognize tuning detail changes (even if you are not currently watching the affected channel) and autotunes the settings with updating channels again. :)
If you need any further informtion on this issue please tell and I will provide needed log files, streams or what so ever.

Thanks in advance
Christoph

cPH

Portal Member
February 11, 2006
Linz
Home Country
Austria Austria
additional bug information based on latest SVN

TV-Server Version: 05-02-2007--01-22h--Rev14483
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0, SVN 05-02-2007--01-01-Rev14483
1. TV Card: TwinhanDTV Cab-CI (2033 Mantis)
1. TV Card Type: dvb-c
1. TV Card Driver: BDA 1.019 or 1.030
CableTV Provider: liwest

Hi,

it's me again. Today I updated MP to the latest SVN, TVE3 and MP Client (+ Plugin) too... Hopefully, I will get more response soon.
I've got new information that might be helpful:
  1. zipped log files will be attached (unfortunately I can only find log files for MP Client)
  2. screenshot attached: this error message appears when switching to regional program (with national tuning details)
  3. tuning details from database: once regional and once with national program settings. As you can see, the only thing that differs is the pcrPid - hopefully the only difference

I hope we can get this fixed and of course, I you need my assistance just reply

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
March 7, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is this still an issue in 1.0.2???

I am experiencing this behaviour still as soon as ORF2 is switching to the Landesstudios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom