[fixed] TV home unusual skin behaviour (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0b
    MediaPortal Skin: default wide
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    Video Card: Sapphire (ATI) HD4670
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.4

Hi everyone

Small bug report to make. Apologies if this is already reported or resolved. To reproduce:

1. Open MP.
    2. Go to the TV section.
    3. Start watching any channel, but to *do not* go to full screen so that the topbar is still available.
    4. Click/"activate" the second bottom from the right (looks like a square).
    --> video will sort of go full screen, but on the background surface, not properly
    5. Click/"activate" the button again.
    --> video will go into the mini-display in the bottom left corner (weird - I didn't think TV had a mini-display in the corner)
    6. Click it again.
    --> video goes back to full screen on the background surface
    7. Click in the actual TV window.
    --> TV will go to proper full screen

Seems like a skin bug... which means I don't know how to fix it. ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I can confirm this with the latest SVN.

It seems as though it is using the wrong overlay.

TV home does have an overlay - it is the large TV area.

Expected behaviour is that it minimises TV picture to the TV home overlay, but instead you seem to get the smaller one.

Try your sequence of steps in My Videos in list view. There is no overlay allowed here, and everything works as expected.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Expected behaviour is that it minimises TV picture to the TV home overlay, but instead you seem to get the smaller one.
    Correct.

Try your sequence of steps in My Videos in list view. There is no overlay allowed here, and everything works as expected.
    After reporting the bug I started watching a recorded movie in fullscreen. I pressed escape twice to get to the home menu and the video started to show on the home screen background in a similar way to what it did with the TV home background. I managed to juggle things back into a mode where that wasn't happening anymore by:

1. Going back to the TV home.
    2. Clicking the troublesome toggle button again so that the overlay is the small one in the corner.
    3. Clicking on the overlay to go to full screen.
    4. Pressing escape to get to "normal" TV overlay mode.

After that I attempted to reproduce the issue in the My Video section, but I think something is *seriously* wrong. There doesn't seem to be any small corner overlay in there any more. As a result, when I first entered the My Videos section there was no visible video whatsoever. I then used the troublesome button again and video appeared... but once again it was on the background. I couldn't find any way to "focus" it to full screen. I had to go back to the TV section and perform the listed steps above again to get back into "normal" overlay mode.

From a non-skinner perspective it is like the video section code has been mixed a little with the TV section code. TV has a corner overlay when it shouldn't, and video *doesn't* have a corner overlay when it should...

mm

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Also reproduced.

Keep in mind that the "square" button is BACKGROUND mode switcher and the first click on it is working OK - it does what it's supposed to do, puts video in background.

Will take a closer look after work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks SE! :)

So to clarify: is the bug only the last thing that I mentioned (TV has a corner overlay when it shouldn't, and video *doesn't* have a corner overlay when it should)?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks SE! :)

So to clarify: is the bug only the last thing that I mentioned (TV has a corner overlay when it shouldn't, and video *doesn't* have a corner overlay when it should)?

Hi,

In list view, video should NOT have a corner overlay (check the visibility condition in the skin). This is a deliberate design decision, because there would be no room for it if video info is showing.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh - okay. Yep, I'm using listview... :oops:

[Edit: ...but actually I can't get the small overlay to show except in coverflow. Is that also by design?]

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Ahhh - okay. Yep, I'm using listview... :oops:

[Edit: ...but actually I can't get the small overlay to show except in coverflow. Is that also by design?]

Hi,

The visibility condition is

<allowoverlay>[facadeview.filmstrip|facadeview.coverflow]</allowoverlay>

so you should also get the overlay in filmstrip view. I see the overlay fine in coverflow and filmstrip.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom