[TV] TV Icon (1 Viewer)

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
hi, My suggestion is that the Logos TV should be primary managed by the TV server, if possible it should be compatible with the dreambox picon file. Theses files are generaly up to date and there is all satellites TV in it.

Technick

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    You won't see this with the current MP, but it is something that has been suggested for MP2 in the past.

I'd like to see virtually everything managed from the server and settings/configuration pushed out to multiple clients. It would make maintaining a whole house system much easier.

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    We are agree, it's a idea for MP 2. To limit transferts I see the code like this : as soon the TV list is display, MP retrieve the 10 TV with logos it need and put it in memory and on display. As soon the user page up it retrieve the 10 next, if user page down it have it in memory. We call this semi-dynamic screen on IBM AS400, it display very fast with very limited network need on very large file because you read only that you need. It's, I think one of the problems of actual MP with it virtual directory : read all folder before to display it.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    You could do it like that, or you could just sync the local thumbs store with the TV Server whenever you re-start the MP client. that way you don't need any kind of complex logic to load the icons from the server. Granted this won't pick up changes to the range of icons straight away, but really now often do they actually change?

Or you could have a button on the servers control panel that allowed you to push all the latest configuration changes, skins, icons, plugins etc. out to the various clients. It wouldn't be truely dynamic, but it would be a heck of a lot easier than remote desktoping into all your clients or even waking round the house configuring them one by one :)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : TV Icon

technick : Do you know that WebEPGfr plugin (I mean the client side, not the modified xmltv server plugin) is already able to download TV logos ?
    So, TV icons (depending on clients configurations) are already DL by this way.
    Didn't it work for you ?

Users who are viewing this thread