Tv: If Timeshifting not enabled, pause (OSD) can enable-it. (1 Viewer)

esperado

Portal Member
July 24, 2005
Paris France
I dont use time shifting very often, cause it is not usefull most of the time, watching TV.
And it is a stress for Hard disk and eat ressources.
One feature would be nice: The radio button from the main page of Tv enable Time shift as default. OK. But, if it is not enabled, no way to use Time shift from the full screnn osd.
I would be great if timeshift can be enabled from full screen (pause) if it was not, then pause occurs.
Also, there is a bug in this OSD: if you use pause in this OSD, the pause button change for a play button. Just close the OSD and return to OSD again: the play button is lost.
Thanks for this programm full of promesses.

Zby

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
I second this request! I personnaly tried to bypass this by using the key mapping function present in the mPod Hauppauge Remote module, but without success :cry:

Zby-)

Dazzyb2K3

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
London, UK
I'd agree with this one. I don't use timeshift that often but it would be much simpler if it was activated by just pressing pause in full screen. It should then be tuned off by pressing stop. You could then also remove the timeshift option from the GUI completely and simplify the interface as well.

There might be a very good reason why it's implimented in it's current format. Would be interested to hear.

penguin

Portal Member
June 21, 2005
I also think this would be a great feature/option.

It could be furthered by having another timeshifting option that automatically kicked in when you'd been watching for a couple of minutes. As soon as you change the channel it's off an stays off until you settle on a channel again, this would speed up channel hopping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch Mediaportal log to Debug level [MP1-5082] - Error when MP restart [MP1-5086] - XMLTV Import error - An item with the same key has already been added. Since Pre-Release : [MP1-5089] - MpurlSourceSplitter...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this new release of MP. The link on the presentation page of the new version is incorrect. It goes on the MP 1.24 thread.
Thanks for this new release of MP. The link on the presentation page of the new version is incorrect. It goes on the MP 1.24 thread.
We have just released MediaPortal 1.25 Final - Summer 2020 Edition Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4966] - Update...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4966] - Update Bass...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom