TV info OSD and Subtitles dialog (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
From the main thread:
Here's a screenshot of the problem with the subtitles with Xface 1.4. I can't get to the "Enabled" button with my remote. I've also attached a screenshot of Monochrome: would like to suggest perhaps making the info OSD similar to monochrome, i.e. as a horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen rather than a pop-up in the middle of the screen. Would that be possible for the next version of Xface?

Thanks

Hi! I did a mod for the location of the TV info OSD some time ago and am happy to share it with you. Just drop the attached TVOSD.xml file into your skin\xface folder. You might want to back up the original before you start.

It's a little cluttered, but gives all the info. Please let me know if you think it can be improved.

Note that there are a whole load of controls in this file for settings related to TV, but I don't know how to make them display or if they are used any more So have not touched them. If you know how to make any of them appear, please let me know so I can adjust them.

I've also improved access to the controls in the subtitle dialog using the remote. Press right-arrow to get to the subtitle icon and press OK to view the dialog. Press up-arrow or down-arrow to get to "Enabled" and use OK to switch the setting. Press any arrow to get back to the delay slider, and Back to close the subtitle dialog.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any problems.

Cheers!

Attachments

• TVOSD.jpg
    TVOSD.jpg
    115.4 KB
  • TVOSD.xml
    30.6 KB

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
This is amazing! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes. I was planning myself to modify the XML but never got around to it.

Thanks!

mraeburn

Portal Member
December 23, 2007
Home Country
This looks very cool, is there a way to use this format for "my videos" as I really don't like the way that it covers the whole screen.

cheers

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Update: Thanks a bunch for this Doodles! I ended up using it and made some tweaks to it. I'm still tweaking it and then I'll port it to "my videos" as well, after which I'll post the final XML files on here.

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
Update: Thanks a bunch for this Doodles! I ended up using it and made some tweaks to it. I'm still tweaking it and then I'll port it to "my videos" as well, after which I'll post the final XML files on here.

I created a version for videos before I saw your reply, so I've attached it in case it's any use. Since the text for a video/movie can be somewhat longer than a TV program, I've left the description in a smaller font. It should probably be the same size font.

Cheers

Attachments

• videoOSD.xml
    30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom