TV keeps going into timeshifting (1 Viewer)

psyco

November 3, 2006
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
MediaPortal Version: Yesterdays latest daily build
Windows Version: Media Center
CPU Type: P4 2.8 hyper
Memory: 1Gb
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: BDA
Remote: MCE

Hiya,

I'm making progress getting Media Portal up and running... but have a few questions please.

When I start up, and watch the first channel that pops up (BBC ONE), it's fine. The TV server manual setup shows the card is "idle" or "grabbing EPG". This is great. When I change channel, it will kick into timeshifting. From there, I cant get it to stop timeshifting. Even restarting the TV service, when it comes back up, it is timeshifting.

Actually, I have no idea how to work timeshifting. Which buttons on the Microsoft remote control timeshifting, and importantly, which button switches it off so I'm back on to "live" TV?

So is this a known issue, or does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

psyco

Rohan

May 28, 2006
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that you can't disable timeshifting and keep watching TV.

As long as you don't pause while watching TV though I think the picture is pretty much close to live.

dipje

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
the idea of this kind of program is that there is always timeshifting going on... just fast forward as much as possible and you have live picture :). MCE works the same.

The old toggle that mediaportal had (tv on/off, timeshifting on/off) has been replaced by one simple tv on/off selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom