TV or resolution - what's wrong? (1 Viewer)

ridderdk

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi
First, fantastic plugin, incredible how easy and fast movie search are being done.
Just one question though, movie titles in list view seems to be leaping out on the left, meaning the first character is gone.
My pc running 1280*720 on a Philips 42 LCD (1366*768 native), it's only when activating this plugin left edge seems to be cut of.
I have tried messing with movingpictures.xlm adjusting posx and width and hight and so on, but nothing seems to help.
Anybody got a hint for me?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If the native resolution is 1366x768, why do you not use it.

Wish my philips would do that, but it has a 4:3 native resolution for pc, actually use TV's widescreen pc function in combination with 1280x768 res to get correct aspect ratio, but then mines old now (2yrs) ;)

ridderdk

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, i also have an Optima Projector connected through the same output from my Onkyo receiver via a hdmi splitter.
    That means the same signal are sent to my projector and the tv, the projector having a native resolution of 1280*780.
    I must admit, i haven't seen how it looks on the projector yet, but still, it should be possible to get the output scaled correctly on my tv?
    By the way, editing the resolution in movingpictures.xml, adjusting resolution 1366 to 1280 just gives me a 5 cm black bar on the right!??

5Hundred

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Paranoid Delusion - My Sony Bravia TV's native resolution is 1360 x 768 however i also use 1280 x 720 as it will not do 1360 x 768 @ 50HZ, only 60HZ. As i live in a PAL country the slight loss of resolution by not operating at the native resolution is more than made up for by the lack of stuttering by running at the correct frequency.

ridderdk

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    just a note - last night watching a movie on the projector, text on the right did not get cut of.... it's only when showing on my TV!?
    Point's me to believe there is nothing "wrong" with Moving Pictucres plugin, perhaps my TV then? i don't get it.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have also noticed that the menu in Moving Pictures is placed really far out in the edge of the screen. At first I couldn't see the leftmost characters of any titles either, I solved this by adjusting "flat panel scaling" in the Nvidia config. However, I suspect that this takes some sharpness off my image so it's not an optimal solution. I think a lot of the MP users have some overscan on their sets, so I really think that the menu could have been placed a bit further to the right.

ridderdk

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have also noticed that the menu in Moving Pictures is placed really far out in the edge of the screen. At first I couldn't see the leftmost characters of any titles either, I solved this by adjusting "flat panel scaling" in the Nvidia config. However, I suspect that this takes some sharpness off my image so it's not an optimal solution. I think a lot of the MP users have some overscan on their sets, so I really think that the menu could have been placed a bit further to the right.

Ahh, and how did you do that?
    In my NVIDIA control Panel, all these options are "greyed out" and "Use my display's built in scaling" are selected for me.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't know really, those options aren't greyed out for me? Maybe you have to activate "advanced" settings or something, I don't remember if there is such an option in the Nvidia config.

karakas

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2008
    I don't use Nvidia, but for us AMD users what we can change varies from driver version to driver version. Mostly in the way that they open up more and more settings from one version to the next, so be sure that you're running the latest version of both your driver and the controll panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom