TV picture size in MP (1 Viewer)

danzx2

Portal Pro
May 25, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed a Peak dual tuner card DVB-T yesterday on my XP Home SP3 machine running MP1.1. I have noticed that certain channels do not show as full screen such as BBC channels (black vertical bars), Channel 5 (has black horizontal bars with white dashes top left). Also a another (Channel 4 I think) had Family Guy and this was in 4:3.

Is there a way to fix these issues?

Thanks

Dan

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP does not automatically adapt to the black bars by itself, but there is the I.F.C. plugin (Intelligent Frame Correction), which will take away your bars and resize as you prefer. Otherwise just use the Menu on Playback to select a different Aspect Ratio.

danzx2

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Excellent thanks, do you know if this will work with MP1.2?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Codec's can also give wrong screen size, M$ and PDVD are really good at detecting correct aspect.

I would disable original and letterbox choices under zoom preferences for both Video and TV.

ps. did you know the blue button on remote cycles through zoom modes, just in case IFC will not correct screen to your liking.

danzx2

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2011
    Home Country
    That worked great although Family Guy is still 4:3 but I guess thats due to the broadcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom