TV plugin issue with Moving Pictures (again) (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    hi fforde,today i've did another try and tested MP with M. Pictures on a new and clean Vista SP1 x64 OS but again i can no longer use my TV inside MP after installing moving pictures.
    So i tested on a clean OS,only drivers, latest Windows Updates,no codec packs and even swapped MS Sql server with MySql and still moving picture breaks the TV part of MP.I know is strange to you but believe me it only happend after installing Moving Pictures and MP with the default plugins have no issue so i can't post a bug report inside MP thread if is a plugin issue.
    It's strange no other user have problems using Moving Pictures and TV on Vista Sp1 and MP RC4 but for me it seems that it's not way to make them work together :( (it's working on xp sp3 but Vista is the main OS for me)

I will post the logs again (.bak files are from the first time i start the plugin ant with TV still working) maybe someoane may have a clue someday and :D again for this great plugin.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am sorry Pretoriano, I have no idea where to start. You're logs don't have any error messages in them and I don't know anything about the TV functionality of MediaPortal. I don't even have a TV Card (and I do not have Windows Vista). So I think it will be very difficult for me to try to debug this issue. I think armandp has a setup that he could test this issue with, but I am pretty sure he uses both Moving Pictures and regular TV in Media Portal on a frequent basis and has never had any problems. I will point him towards your thread, but I think this is a very unusual problem... :(

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I am sorry Pretoriano, I have no idea where to start. You're logs don't have any error messages in them and I don't know anything about the TV functionality of MediaPortal. I don't even have a TV Card (and I do not have Windows Vista). So I think it will be very difficult for me to try to debug this issue. I think armandp has a setup that he could test this issue with, but I am pretty sure he uses both Moving Pictures and regular TV in Media Portal on a frequent basis and has never had any problems. I will point him towards your thread, but I think this is a very unusual problem... :(

Don't bother too much with this fforde and just to let you know is not a complain :D,and you've done a great work with this plugin.I only hope that is only an isolated issue (because MP1 it's at the doors and when all the mass will upgrade to this version don't want bad issue like this with Moving Pictures) ant i still trying to find what is causing this on my and my friend computer.Tonight i will test another clean install with RC3 and if doesn't have this issue then is MP RC 4.I will let you know.

Best regards!!

EDIT: ok...i've installed Mp1 RC3 on a fresh Vista SP1 x64 system and had no issue but the good part is that installing RC4 over RC3 without manualy uninstalling RC3 seems to solve the issue:).The system was the same as the previous tested one but with no antivirus (eset nod 32) and no Imon Software (imon Ultrabay LCD display) and this 2 are the only things my PC have in common with my friend PC.:confused:

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Found what caused this issue

Hi fforde,after a lot of tests i've finaly managed to track down what was causing this issue and i think it's important let you all know ...So the software that cause this issue it's Eset Nod32 Antivirus and now i will give you all the details and some screenshots so MP users will not get nuts (like me:D ) if they will have the same issue.

Go into Advanced Setup (right click on the eset icon on the task bar) then Antivirus and antispyware -> web access protection -> Web Browsers and put a red cross on any MediaPortal related string (see attached screnshot) then go back to MP and everything should work again.
    I still don't know why nod 32 is acting like that and see MP like a Web Browser :D but i hope this post will help others MP users.

Attachments

• Nod 32 issue.jpg
      Nod 32 issue.jpg
      109.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom