h.264 Video Codec: Power DVD 8.0
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Aliant
HTPC Case: Coolermaster Caviler
Cooling: 2x 60mm and 2x 80mm
Power Supply: 350w
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: LG 42PG25
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When trying to go to MyTV I get the message "Unable to start timeshifting" "No audio\video detected", this happened after I upgraded from MP 1.0 RC3 (Which worked great). After I first upgraded MediaPortal It did work once or twice, however, I could not pause or rewind timeshifting even though the timeshifting folder had files in it and it appeared as if it work recording properly. I have went through all the settings countless times and everything looks good, I also uninstalled and reinstalled MediaPortal last night, again it work a couple of times and now it back to the way it was.

Any ideas?

smelanson

Portal Member
March 13, 2006
Normally my Aliant digital cable box is connected by S-Video, I tried just regular coax, still could not pickup the signal.

It worked in Windows Movie Maker though.

smelanson

Portal Member
March 13, 2006
Does anyone know where I can download Media Portal 1.0.0.0 RC3 again? Also is it possible to use the TV Server from RC3 with the final version of MediaPortal?

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I seem to recall they said a FRESH install for 1.0.0.0 was suggested as (maybe) the database changed...

smelanson

Portal Member
    March 13, 2006
    I seem to recall they said a FRESH install for 1.0.0.0 was suggested as (maybe) the database changed...

I tried a completed uninstall and even uninstalled Microsoft SQL Server, however, the database files may have still been there, I will try that next time.

smelanson

Portal Member
    March 13, 2006
    I reinstalled MP 1.0 after deleting the old SQL database, works great now

Apparently uninstalling the SQL server does not necessarily remove the databases

Thanks everyone

Buddha

Portal Member
    March 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Anybody knows where the old database is located and whether it is possible to just remove the file? Because I don't feel like reinstalling my whole MP setup again unless I really don't have a choice to fix it otherwise.

smelanson

Portal Member
    March 13, 2006
    Anybody knows where the old database is located and whether it is possible to just remove the file? Because I don't feel like reinstalling my whole MP setup again unless I really don't have a choice to fix it otherwise.

Check C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10\Data, should be there, the file name is the database name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom