TV recorder and "reruns" (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well I think at least the three of us want "more info" and the more detail is better - as long as it doesn't slow down MP too much.

Mike

eric.c.mi

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2006
    Michigan, USA
    I've been waiting for this. Makes me jelous when I see regular digital cable boxes, they get all this info.

What I'd like to see as an end result is the ability to record all NEW episodes of a show with out ever having to deal with dates and times. Just say 'record all new airings of Family Guy'
    that would rock.

Or get a couple of dual tuner cards and hit "Record ALL new content"

that'd be hot

This really would be a snap to implement. All we need is some new database entries, a way to import the rating and air date data into the database. from there all we need is them added to the description of the show that already is implemented. wouldn't even have to change the skin.

opusnut

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2006
    I just looked at my data again and this is what i get.

<program>
    <title>Jane&apos;s New York</title>
    <subtitle>Above New York</subtitle>
    <description>A look at the city above the city.</description>
    <showType>Limited Series</showType>
    <series>SH626119</series>
    <originalAirDate>2006-04-22</originalAirDate>
    </program>

It seems that it might depend on what service (cable/satalite company) and where in the world we are. The downloads from zap2it are probably slightly diferent for each. Mine is for the west coast of USA using DirectTV.

I'm really interested in trying to get this going. I also have a little app written that "re-maps" the channels names in the XMLTV download to the ones in MP just like James' webEPG. I am going to try and get that posted for you all to dl and get some feedback.

opusnut..

opusnut

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2006
    so when MP imports tvguide data, Does anybody know what fields it is looking for and grabbing from the XML file??

thanx..
    opusnut

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm wondering if this has been more developed with the new release of 0.2?

I'm getting used to MP still so I want to make sure I setup recording a season of shows correctly. I have no need to record old episodes if I've already watched them so I am hoping this can be implemented still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom