TV Recording Copier and Deleter/Archiver (2 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Howdy All,

I've written this small plugin to monitor the TV recordings on a TV server.

What it does

It will monitor the Recordings on the TV Server and copy them to another place. i.e. a NAS. It will then delete it from the Server. Thus allowing other programs to import them, i.e. Moving Pictures, TV Series.
It will check every x amount of minutes and copy any new recordings to your store.
Recordings are split into Movies and Series.
It will allow you to enter Search items for the Movie genre tag. It defaults to "Movie, Film". Just add your own and it will copy them as Movies.
All items not picked up as a Movie will be treated as a Series TV Program.
You can set it to leave the recording on the TV Server should you want it left there.

This allows access to all your movies and series without the TV Server being powered.

How to install

Download the plugin : Click here
Copy the dll to your TV Server/Plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin in the TV Server Setup.

If you require to copy to a network location then please use the Network path and not a Mapped Drive. i.e. "\\ServerName\_Data\". This is an issue with .NET and not my coding.

Select your required settings. Either leave it run on its own or hit the "Run Now" button.

Hope you find a need for this.

Let me know what you think.

Change Log.

1.0.0.1 - A few minor changes and added a Cancel feature so you can stop a manual run.

Attachments

• TV.Recordings.Copier.and.Deleter.v1.0.0.1.zip
    13.5 KB
Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For sure it is nice to have although I won't use it. (no NAS available and just no need) But I think it could be useful for a lot of users.
    I'm just afraid they will oversee it!

Thanks!

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    New file on first post.

Sorted a few issues and added ability to cancel the Run in manual mode.

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    I needed this as the TSWriter can't record to a network store

Surprised at this as I record directly to a NAS drive without problems. I have MP set up so that 2 tuners record to a NAS and another tuner to the hardrive. This worked in MP 1.2.2 and I now have 1.2.3 installed on a Win 7 HTPC. My NAS drive is a Buffalo Linkstation which acts as a DLNA server

Tom

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I needed this as the TSWriter can't record to a network store

Surprised at this as I record directly to a NAS drive without problems. I have MP set up so that 2 tuners record to a NAS and another tuner to the hardrive. This worked in MP 1.2.2 and I now have 1.2.3 installed on a Win 7 HTPC. My NAS drive is a Buffalo Linkstation which acts as a DLNA server

Tom

Having just checked, you are right, you can record to a NAS.
    I know this was an issue ages ago so never tried again.
    What is missing though is the auto removal of recordings from the database, which this will sort out.
    Thanks.

engelbar14

Portal Member
    June 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

just read something about your plug in. Sounds interesting.
    In my imagination I can use it to copy my series (recorded over tvwishlist and TV Movie Clickfinder) from tv to my tvseries plugin or am I wrong ?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I started to implement some batch files to do this a while back but got stuck as I wanted to also update the path of the recordings in the TV server database so it knew where the files had moved to and so would still show up the recordings in the "Recorded TV" section.

Do you think your plugin could be setup to do this? I'm not worried about splitting the files into movies and tv shows...

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I hadn't noticed this when it was first posted. :(

I'm going to give this a go. It will hopefully transfer my recording into the relevant HDD and then I monitor those drives folders and use a batch convert program to automatically change any files to .m4v.

Looks like this plugin could save me having to manually move recordings.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I started to implement some batch files to do this a while back but got stuck as I wanted to also update the path of the recordings in the TV server database so it knew where the files had moved to and so would still show up the recordings in the "Recorded TV" section.

Do you think your plugin could be setup to do this? I'm not worried about splitting the files into movies and tv shows...

Would be simple to add this as it deletes the record anyway, I could add code to change the directory instead and add an option so it stays in the TV Plugin.

Andy Ford

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi DJBlu, thank you for this plugin. Is there any way to look for recordings only in subfolder of recordings folder? I have 2 folders inside my recorded tv folder for Series and Single( films and one-off programmes ). Is it possible for the plugin to only check the Series folder for new recordings? I'm happy to move the movie files manually. If I make recordings for single programmes or films they are written to Single folder. There don't seem to be any tags in UK EPG/XMLTV to identify movie genre, so at present it moves all programmes to NAS. If I add 'movie' to single recording format filenames in TV Server, then all my one-off shows are moved to NAS movie folder.
    On my NAS I have 1 shared folder for Series (with subfolders for series/season) and 1 shared folder for Movies (with subfolders for dvd.iso,bd.iso and recorded tv) and I leave the single (documentaries etc) recordings in Recorded TV folder on pc. Is it bad idea to use folders,as your plugin only moves files but not folders? I see a lot of users have all their recordings in one big 'pool'.
    I hope this makes sense! I'm still fairly new to MP and am trying to figure best way to organize recordings for MP-TV Series,Moving Pictures. and Recorded TV.
    Thank you again for your work on this plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom