[not reproducible] TV Scheduled Advanced Record Not Saved (1 Viewer)

AlexT

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV Scheduled Advanced Record Not Saved
  • if it is done first/before any Quck Record scheduling is done during a Media Portal session or any items from a previous session/already scheduled have not been clicked on to check quality settings, etc.; ie, program has been reset, first started, no other Quick Recordings have been scheduled, no matter how long current session has been running, etc.

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 RC
MediaPortal Skin: Default Wide 1.2.0.0
Windows Version: XP Pro 32-bit Sp3
CPU Type: AMD 940BE
HDD: WD Black x2 500GB
Memory: 4GB GSkill DDR2 1066
Motherboard: Abit AN78GS
Video Card: EVGA 9800GTX+ SC
Video Card Driver: Nvidia GeForce 280.36 Beta
Sound Card: Realtek onboard
Sound Card AC3: Digital RCA out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage HVR-1800
1. TV Card Type: dual tuner (analog/ATSC)
1. TV Card Driver: 85drv_28239
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Pure Video v4.02.223
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow rev3966
h.264 Video Codec: DXVA (ffdshow)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: OTA ATSC | cable analog
HTPC Case: Antec Three Hundred
Cooling: Sunbeam CCC
Power Supply: Corsair 550VX
Remote: MS MCE
TV: RCA CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite
_____

note: this was also occuring under MP 1.2.0 Beta

1. Open MP
  2. TV | Scheduled
    • Advanced Record
    • Select TV Channel
    • Record once
    • Date
    • Start time
    • Duration
    • Variable bit rate average
    • Custom
  3. Scheduled recording not saved

But! If I first do a Quick Record and then do a Scheduled Custom Record, it will be saved and appear in list; ie, as long as a Quick Record is done first, any Advanced Record can be done and will always be saved. This includes any variation on Advanced Record; ie, constant bitrate and any quality setting, etc.

It always occurs, even if I watch TV Live for awhile or Videos and then, go schedule an Advanced Record.

My way around this since first using Beta and now, the RC, even if I do not have a Quick Record program to schedule for the evening (I only use it for ATSC), I will make one or have to make one so that I may schedule my Advance Record'ings.

I normally have my Quality Control | Custom Settings for my tv card set to 100% | 100% and did with 1.2.0 Beta and after the upgrade but did not change from default settings after clean install.

EDIT: I did more experimenting on this and it appears it could apply to "when nothing else is done/accessed on the Scheduled screen." Meaning, if you right-click on something previously scheduled during a session and check or change quality settings, etc., then it will allow you to schedule Advanced Record. I also created a single scheduled record, exited MP, started MP, and tried an Advance Record to see if "having something in the queue /on the screen" would change things, it does not. Having tried to schedule an Advanced Record but failed and then, trying again during the same session usually has the same result (no save) but on rare occasions it has saved on the second attempt.
_____

Attachments:

04_22.zip = updated to RC from Beta, shows advanced record no save
06_24.zip = clean install of RC, shows advanced record no save
06_28.zip = shows advanced record no save-->quick record save-->advanced record save

THANK YOU

AlexT

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've attached a 1MB video that is ever-so-exciting, showing what I normally experience with this. It's only :27 sec in length. I changed config so MP would open window'd on my desktop monitor, no other activity in MP has taken place besides opening the program.

Regarding someone else "confirming" this...it struck me that since most of you record series and/or always have something in your schedule view at any given time, this is going to have to be confirmed by someone that is using the Default Wide skin that DOES NOT have any previously scheduled programs.

Please also note that maybe 1 out of 10 times, it will allow me to schedule an Advanced Record with Variable Rate and Custom Quality, when there are no other scheduled programs in view.

I also checked to see that maybe it was being scheduled, just not visually showing by closing MP and reopening to check the schedule and nothing, and went into tv configuration to check for any scheduled programs there.

Again, the workaround is simply to schedule a Quick Record and then, do my usual Advanced, Variable, Custom, and delete the Quick or do the Advanced, knowing it won't take, and doing it again. It will take the second time and I don't believe I've ever come across it not doing so, might be wrong on that.

This isn't life-threatening, lol, and I can easily workaround it, AND 1.2.0 RC with the default wide skin is phenominal, IMO...just that it "would be nice" for those of us that use MP to record as-needed on a daily basis or often don't have anything scheduled (even though I normally do daily), to not have to repeat steps.

And I have thought about trying another skin, perhaps, such as aMPed to see if it does it with it or only the Default Wide and may do so when it is updated.

Thank You and don't forget to make some popcorn for the movie.

01.jpg

Attachments

• Video_2011-09-04_075333.wmv
    1.1 MB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Ja AlexT, as always keeping a smile on everyone's face with your nice pics :D
    What happened to the pics you posted in the bigdesign thread? I can't see them anymore? nevermind, must be something my side...see it now
    I know I am off-topic, but I do not want us to loose your nice pics.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have no problem scheduling a digital (DVB-T) recording immediately after starting MP in the same way as you.

Obviously I don't have any quality settings to go through for this. Perhaps this is the issue?

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Does it matter what bit rate choices you select? Perhaps you are selecting something that your card does not support?

I have a Hauppauge PVR-250 (analogue, hardware encoding) and I can schedule recordings with this card as well as the DVB-T.

Does it work for you with ATSC?

I just can't find a way to reproduce the problem.

Mark

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have no problem scheduling a digital (DVB-T) recording immediately after starting MP in the same way as you.

Obviously I don't have any quality settings to go through for this. Perhaps this is the issue?
    I did have the same idea. I can not reproduce this with dvb channels. So it could be down to analog cards and the quality settings.
    Anyone with an analog card can please reproduce this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

My analog tuners are hybrid - no hardware encoder - so I don't think they support quality control. Nevertheless, I'll try and reproduce tonight (2 hours or so from now).

mm

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

I did have the same idea. I can not reproduce this with dvb channels. So it could be down to analog cards and the quality settings.
    Anyone with an analog card can please reproduce this?

I already tried. See the post above yours.

mm seems to have hardware that is more similar to that of the OP. However, I can't see any reason why this would only fail the first time.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I tried to reproduce this once, but couldn't - the recording was created correctly. Default wide. No other schedules. TV Server restart immediately before the attempt. I'm aware that I'm currently running 28070, so I wanted to upgrade to latest SVN just to be sure. I got half way through the upgrade this evening but I'm just exhausted so I'm about to go to bed rather than risk making a mistake and screwing up my system. I'll try again with latest SVN tomorrow.

mm

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    TV Scheduled Advanced Record Not Saved
    1. Open MP
    2. TV | Scheduled
      • Advanced Record
      • Select TV Channel
      • Record once
      • Date
      • Start time
      • Duration
      • Variable bit rate average
      • Custom
    3. Scheduled recording not saved

Hi,

Can you please tell us while reproducing the problem :

- The actual time when you try to add a record
    - The day you choose (the same day or another one)
    - The start time and duration you choose

Cause I can't reproduce the problem either, but I would like to try using as mutch as possible the same values as you.

Thanks.

Smeulf.

[Edit] Forgot my question, I have all I need in the video.

The think I don't understand is why you have in your log a "Scheduler: Orphaned once schedule found 11 - removing", with means the TVServer removes the recording because the endtime is exceeded (if I read the code well).

[/Edit]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom