TV series with >99 episodes (1 Viewer)

Miranda

Portal Pro
November 16, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Apparently the plugin doesn't recognize more then 2 digits for the episodes.

This situation is exceptional but it happens like the french TV series "un Gars, une fille". Season 3 and 5 have more then 99 episodes.

Un.gars.une.fille-3x100 => is recognized as Season 1, episode 0
Un.gars.une.fille-3x101 => is recognized as Season 1, episode 1

Is there a workaround?

Nakaleen

Portal Member
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Has anyone got this to work?

I have all the eps from The daily Show. (every season has more then 100+ ep).

The two links above do not work and it is driving me nuts. Windows MCE's plugin Media Browser can do it, XBMC can do it, but this plugin is the only one that dosen't.

I have it currently have my files layed out as....

\The Daily Show\Season 14\The Daily Show - s14e145 - Clarence Clemons.avi

Failing that, is there a way to insert the fanart/ep info ect... into TVSeries vie a program like <Meta>Browser (used for MCE's MediaBrowser) as that works no problem.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Has anyone got this to work?

The order of parsing expressions is important, since the existing 2-digit episode rule generates a false positive, it is important to put the 3-digit episode rule above it (or edit the 2-digit rule to replace, assuming it's a dynamic rule).

Nakaleen

Portal Member
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok I THINK I have this working. Since I can't find any docs/faq etc... on decoding the regexp codes (before you ask I did search for it hehehe). I have been trying to get it work with just the simple ones.

I got it to work (sort of) with...

<series> - s<season>e<episode> - <title>.<ext>

But.... some of my filenames don't have a title so they fail. While others have a '.' in the title so it stuffs up the <ext>

eg...

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - s11e105 - Thomas Kean.mp4 ..........OK, <season> = 11 and <episode> = 105
    The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - s11e104 - Samuel L. Jackson.mp4 ..........FAIL as the <ext> is Jackson.mp4
    Kampfer - s01e05.mkv ..........FAIL there is no <title>

All my shows are in the format

<series> - s<season>e<episode> - <title>.<ext>

If I can solve these two problems then all will be good :D

EDIT: But they are just small bug bears as I could just fill the ones with no Titles with Episode <number> and edit the titles with '.' to get rid of them...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    eg...

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - s11e105 - Thomas Kean.mp4 ..........OK, <season> = 11 and <episode> = 105
    The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - s11e104 - Samuel L. Jackson.mp4 ..........FAIL as the <ext> is Jackson.mp4
    Kampfer - s01e05.mkv ..........FAIL there is no <title>

After talking with developer, I'll be working this week on revamping the MP-TVSeries default parsing expressions to clean them up and support more combinations, including the 100+ episode problem.

Please provide me with as many filenames that fail, so that I can include them in my Regular Expression test program, to make sure it is correct.

The more filename systems I'm given, the more accurate I can build the expression.

For example, the combinations on season+episode alone so far are:

• S01E01 (and 1x01 variation)
    • S01-E01
    • S01.E01
    • S01 E01
    • S01E101 (and 1x101 variation)
    • S01E02-03 (and 1x02-03 variation)

But for example, does anybody seen/use S01.01 format?

Supporting too many combinations is not smart either, because it is very easy to then generate false positives, and that has to be avoided at all cost.

The examples you provided already aren't going to be any problem (the expression I've created so far has no problem with them), which is why I need other submissions of filenames that users have that required manual correction due to not being detected by existing default parsing expressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom