TV Server and WHS ( Windows Home Server ) (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I remember right RTSP is the abreviation for Real Time Streaming Protocol which MP uses.

There is an alternative approach described by accessing the timeshift buffer files directly (See also the discussion a few pages back in this thread for alternative TV access)

Cheers,

Vispen74

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If I remember right RTSP is the abreviation for Real Time Streaming Protocol which MP uses.

There is an alternative approach described by accessing the timeshift buffer files directly (See also the discussion a few pages back in this thread for alternative TV access)

Cheers,

Aha, I found a guide somewhere here in MP forum, how to disable RTSP. But i found it quite complicated. I guess I have to get into it anyway to get rid of the freeze problems.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV Server and WHS ( Windows Home Server )

Forget it dude.. ain't gonna happen with MP1.0 ... It would pretty much require a whole new TVEngine ... The only Media Center that does this at the moment is SageTV, which has some very good functions, but lacks stability and 3rd party plugins/skins as it is not open source..
    MP is still the best option...

But I thought a number of folks on this thread have this working - is there a big gap to close?

Thats correct.. some of us have TVEngine running on WHS, but you are talking about making a plugin specific for the WHS Console... That part will not happen..

You can install MP TVEngine on WHS, but because WHS is based on Server 2003 it will not be supported. Some tweaking will be required to get it to work properly.

cheers

sorry for the old quote

but here is an test

MediaPortal Forum - Tv Server Addin for Whs ( Custom Server Version required)

to kick setuptv into the whs console

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Vispen74

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Cheers,

Aha, I found a guide somewhere here in MP forum, how to disable RTSP. But i found it quite complicated. I guess I have to get into it anyway to get rid of the freeze problems.

No, disable RTSP did not resolve the freezing problem :(

I really don't know what to do next. The live TV is working fine for abaut 20 hours, but after that it is only possible to watch 10 seconds at the time without restart the complete server. This drives me nuts! It will only affect live tv, other streaming as watching movies is working just fine.

For a month a go, running MP TV-server on Widows 2003 server, everything was working perfect.

Vispen74

Portal Member
    February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Cheers,

No, disable RTSP did not resolve the freezing problem :(

I really don't know what to do next. The live TV is working fine for abaut 20 hours, but after that it is only possible to watch 10 seconds at the time without restart the complete server. This drives me nuts! It will only affect live tv, other streaming as watching movies is working just fine.

For a month a go, running MP TV-server on Widows 2003 server, everything was working perfect.

Found it! The reason for all freezing was one of my TV cards. Have to look for a new driver or just bye another. The card is a cheap one from Teknikmagasinet.se of type "ZAP DVB-t USB". With only my Twinhan Mantis card in the server everything works. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom