TV Server and Windows 7 (IPTV) stuttering (1 Viewer)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Atom N330 1,6 GHz
HDD: 320 GB
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: AsRock ION
Video Card: nVidia ION
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: on-board
Sound Card AC3: HDMI audio
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: (IPTV)
1. TV Card Type: IPTV
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: coreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: LG 32"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I just got a new PC (AsRock ION) and wanted to try out Windows 7 and MediaPortal 1.1 Beta.
So far, everything's been working great, except for TV (IPTV) which has a lot of stuttering - this stuttering is both in MP itself and in the TV Server "Preview" function...

It's not a hardware issue as I can easily watch IPTV through VideoLAN without any stuttering, so it's somewhere in MediaPortal somethings's not working for me... I've tried boththe built-in filter and the MS one and raising the tv server priority to High / Realtime, and nothing seems to work for me :(

The funny thing is that I had an older system based on a Athlon X2 3800+ running Win XP and MP 1.0.2 perfect with IPTV.. Is there any known issues with IPTV and Windows 7 or do you have any ideas what I should do?

Cheers

/Christian

OK, ran out of patience and installed XP SP3 and MP 1.1b and now everything's running smooth (even HD channels which I couldn't even get a picture on in Windows 7), guess there's a glitch here with Windows 7..

/Christian

atom83

September 25, 2010
hi! one year later, I have the exactly the same problems, with IP TV and windows 7 an a zotac zbox hd-id11.
with videos, like h.264, I have no problems. what can I do? I don't wanna use winxp.

I have mp 1.1.1
and tried all different decoders including powerdvd, ffdshow ...

please help
thx
thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom