TV Server Client Plugin (1 Viewer)

R3V

Portal Member
November 5, 2006
Thanks for the info, I will try to latest SVN.

R3V

Portal Member
November 5, 2006
Hi, I have tried the latest SVN, still it did not prompt for the hostname. When I click on the channels on the my TV, it showed the channel from the tv server (I am assuming it is connected to the tvserver.

My question is when I try to turn on tv, it is giving can not start graph and can not start timeshifting. On the TV server, preview is showing can not start graph too. Does that mean my card is not supported? (Sabrent TV-PCB01 SAA1734 PCMCIA). TV server has detected the card as analog TV tuner and does not detect the card support radio.

Thank you in advance.

Also, when I try to scan, it is not detecting any channels.

trueslator

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
When I start MP and select My TV nothing is happend.
In the wiki is a description like this:

klick me!

So I don't see this screen where I can specify the ipadress or hostname of my
TV-server :mad:

I am sure that I have installed the client plugin...and I have the newest version of
all components...

Hi all...

I have the same problem :-(

The server is ok. I tested it with VLC and it works fine!
The problem is the client plugin...

Please, help!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi, I have tried the latest SVN, still it did not prompt for the hostname. When I click on the channels on the my TV, it showed the channel from the tv server (I am assuming it is connected to the tvserver.
    it works with latest MediaPortal SVN + latest TV-Server/Client build.

if you still have issues with this build do a clean installaion
    -uninstall MediaPortal
    -delete all files
    -install MediaPortal 0.2.0.0
    -install latest svn TEST build
    -install TV-Server Client
    -configure MediaPortal

-stop TV-Server Service
    -uninstall TV-Server
    -install tv-server
    -start/configure TV-Server

-start MediaPortal
    -enter MyTV

If still not working, attach all logs from MediaPortal

R3V

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Thanks you all for the help. It prompted for the hostname now.

My question is when I try to turn on tv, it is giving can not start graph and can not start timeshifting. On the TV server, preview is showing can not start graph too. Does that mean my card is not supported? (Sabrent TV-PCB01 SAA1734 PCMCIA). TV server has detected the card as analog TV tuner but does not detect the card can support radio.

Also, when I try to scan, it is not detecting any channels. How can you specify to TVserver to pickup from SVideo or Composite? Is it the same as SVHS?

Thank you in advance.

trueslator

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi...

I did the same...I made a clean install but I have the same problem like before.

@ R3V: Did you made something special?!

When I finished my work with the clean install the last thing is to install the
    client plugin. After install I don't recognize any changes. I click to "My TV" and
    I see the normal "MY TV" Screen...

:confused:

R3V

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Hi Trueslator,

one thing I notice during my uninstall/reinstall, if the mediaportal can not connect to the tvserver automatically, it will prompt for the hostname.

Try to stop the tvserver and media portal should prompt you with hostname.

try also to change some channel settings on the tv server and you should be able to see the changes on your mytv.

The only problem I have right now is that my card does not detect any channels or videos. hopefully somebody would be able to step in and help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom